Chapter One

Brielle POV

Their are those moments in life when you overthink all of the choices you ever made, like was that the correct choice for me to make? Or, how did that affect that person? Most importantly how can one terrible grade affect your future? I am Brielle Kelly, and this story that I am going to tell you explains how one horrible grade affected me.

I go to Bradley Lakes High in a little town called Brattleboro in Vermont, I am an eleventh grader here, I am known as the school's sweetheart, I always show up at school on time and ace all of my test and papers, I know myself as number one in my entire class.

School for me is something that I put a lot of effort into, I absolutely love school, so I guess you could call me a nerd for school. I put aside enough time after school to do my homework, study, read, to eat dinner, then I go to sleep at eight thirty every night to make sure I wake up in a absolute perfect time to get ready for school.

Monday is here now where I wake up to the beeping of my alarm clock. Five o'clock, perfect time, school doesn't actually start until seven thirty but I prepare myself for any pop quiz that we could have at any moment. As I grabbed a banana and headed out the door to my bus I was ready to start Monday off as nicely as possible.

Scratch that, I tried to start it off in a nice way until I ran off to my locker looking down and bumped into a rock solid figure, looking up I see the dark chocolatey eyes, that belonged to none other than himself, Colton Peirce. God I missed those eyes, spoke my inner consciousness.

"Why don't you look up for a change and watch where you're going" he said roughly slamming me out of the way up against a locker. 

I tried to fight back my tears as my back slammed against the cold hard lockers, just then my best friend Beth Lacey came to comfort me knowing I was hurt from the events that just happened. She is the only one who know my history with Colton

No I don't like Colton, and I never did. We have quite the past together, but I could never like him, how could I? I mean sure he's hot and sexy with those eyes that will just make you melt if you stare long enough, and his jawline... Okay no I need to stop.

He is a arrogant, selfish, rude, senior that is also known as the bad boy of this school. He may be a senior at school  but he has freshman's drooling over him. I looked over at him while standing by some sophomores locker, she looks new, maybe I should just help her out a little and tell her how Colton like to play games with girls he uses them as if they were his toys and then throws them out when he feels like he has had enough of them.

Beth then broke me out of my thoughts which directed my attention to her, "Hey Brei, you okay? I saw what just happened with Colton."

"Yeah, I should be okay, thanks for coming to my rescue."

"No problem," she responded "isn't that what best friends are for?" she responded with a grin

Just as I was about to respond the first bell rang through my ears. "Come on we better get to class" she told me looping her arm through mine.

The rest of the day I tried to avoid Colton and his group not wanting to get tormented by him again.

As soon as I got home I kicked off my shoes and headed straight to my room, flopped my head on my soft pillow and I was out like a light.

The next morning I woke up but not to the sound of my alarm clock, I looked over and it was 725!! Oh no no no, this is bad very very bad. My conscious told me as I pulled on my sweats and pulled my hair into a messy bun darting out to school as fast as I could.

By the time I got to school it was already 8:00, I was gonna be so screwed if my parents found out.

When I got into my chemistry class I noticed a sign on the door, "Enter quietly, testing in progress" Crap! The test it was today. Okay, calm down remember deep breaths. With that I entered the classroom and began my test. Calm down. Breathe.