Chapter Seven

Brielle's POV

As I arrived at my house Colton was following not far behind me, "Hey, can I talk to you?" I asked Colton as he pulled his Chemistry book out of his bag.

He then looked at me worried about my tone, "Uh.. yeah, is everything okay?"

"I-I wa-want to be f-friends again." I said in a very quite whisper only so he could hear, I knew he heard me because he started to smirk with his lovely smirk, then leaned in and whispered inches from my face, "I knew you would break sooner or later Cherry Pie, thank you for forgiving me and wanting to be friends. Now let's get to work we have that test next month."

"I'm going to give you a practice test so you can show me what you learned already from this amazing creature." He said in reference to himself.

I finished up the test in about forty minutes to see Colton going around my house looking at pictures I walked over to him to see him freeze at one picture on my mantle, it was of me, him and... Blake we were at the beach looking as happy as ever, like nothing could tear us apart. That was taken two weeks before Blake's suicide.

"Hey," I spoke quietly to Colton who was now looking up at me, but surprisingly he had tears in his eyes, Bad Boy Colton was crying. "Colton, are you okay?"

He responded shaking his head, "How could he? Why would he do that to us? Did he not trust us with whatever was going on in is life? I did this, I did this Brielle. If I would have never told him what I felt for you back then and said the things I did he would still be-" I cut him off by yelling at him. "HEY, HEY STOP OKAY? You did NOT kill Blake, you did NOT force him to take those pills, and it is NOT your fault that he passed away!" His breathing began to slow as he wrapped his strong arms around me, "Thank you Cherry Pie, thank you." As we pulled away I stared into his brown chocolate eyes that could make you melt from just a glance and surprisingly he was staring right back into my eyes also.

We both started to lean in until our foreheads were touching and our lips were centimeters apart, neither of us breaking the gaze from each other except the little glances that Colton was making down at my lips, just when our lips were about to brush the door swung open. Colton and I both jumped away from each other putting a fair amount of distance between us. In the doorway stood Maggie, smirking, "Well, well, well what do we have here? Am I interrupting something?" I felt my cheeks redden as Colton cleared his throat. "I-Uh-n-no w-we- no-nothing" I said completely embarrassed wile Colton on the other hand was smirking. "I should get going, I'll grade your test tonight Cherry Pie, see you at school on Monday."  And with that he was gone.

I looked to Maggie who now had a smile plastered on her face, "Sooo, anything you want to tell me?"

I then remembered her little blush fit at lunch, "Well I'm fine, but what about you miss blushy? I saw you and Zack at lunch today." Just at the mention of his name she blushed, "Okay fine I guess that was fair, but you got much closer because YOU WERE ABOUT TO KISS COLTON FREAKIN' PIERCE!!" She started to jump up and down like crazy screaming, "Will you please stop talking about it?" I begged her

"Okay fine," she said sitting down on my couch, "but I just cant believe you were about to kiss Colt-" Smack! She looked at me shocked, "Did you just smack me?!?" I was dying of laughter, "Yep. I had to get you to stop talking somehow. But since you are so interested about the recent events what was going on with you and Zack at lunch today?"

Her eyes brightened up as she started talking about him, "Look, I know it may be to early for just meeting him today but... I-I think I like him."

"YAAAAAAAYYYY, MY BEST FRIEND HAS A BOYFRIEND, MY BEST FRIEND HAS A BOY-" Smack! "Okay, I deserved that. Continue your story."

"Anyway, he gave me a ride home today and told me about this party tonight... so let's go get ready!!"