Chapter Twenty-One

Brielle's POV

"Colton I can not believe that I am sick the day before prom!" I coughed, I am currently sitting in my bed bundled up in covers while Colton was feeding me soup.

He sighed before sitting down next to me, "I'm sorry Cherry Pie, I really am. Hopefully you will be better by tomorrow." I glared at him, "Even if I'm not we are still going." He pulled me closer to his body kissing the top of my head, "Of course Cherry Pie."

18 hours earlier

"Co-Colton let g-go of me!" I yelled at him in-between laughter, he smiled at me with a big grin, "No can do Cherry Pie." I clung on to him like my life depended on it, he laughed at my reaction, "Please Colton?!?" I begged him pulling a pouty face hoping that it would work on him, he pulled a thoughtful face for second before looking back at me, "Okay. You want me to put you down?" I shook my head until I saw his smirk and he started walking towards the ocean, I pulled my big pleading eyes, "Colton! Colton No! Please! I love you, don't do this!" He continued with his stupid smirk, taunting me by faking himself letting go of me. I clung tither to his neck and closed my eyes waiting for the impact of the salty cold ocean water. But it never came. I opened one eye to find Colton looking down at me amused, "Did you really think that I would drop you?" I blushed, "W-Well yeah, It sounded like it." He laughed at me, "Oh Brielle. This is why I love you." He leaned down to kiss my lips tasting the salty ocean water on his soft ones, he started to head back to his car still carrying me in the process. He pulled away about say something when a wave came and knocked Colton off his feet taking me with him.

Colton automatically cursed under his breath, making his way over to me, "Are you okay? I'm sorry I just slipped." He looked at me with regret, "I-I-It's f-fine, I-I p-p-promise." My teeth were chattering like crazy. Colton had a worried expression on his face as he helped me to his car, "Brielle your teeth are chattering are you sure your okay?" I shook my head, "Here." He handed me some sweats and one of his t-shirts and nodded toward the bathroom, "Go change, I'll wait here."

"B-but Co-Colton wha-what about y-you?" He smiled sweetly before pulling out a pair of sweats. When I came back Colton was leaning against the car with sweatpants and no shirt. I started walking towards him and noticed that other girls were gawking over him also trying to get his attention, but the whole time Colton's eyes were set on me. He wasn't looking at the other girls or their skimpy bathing suits, he was looking at me walking towards him in my- correction- his sweatpants and shirt. I love him! When I reached him and he pulled me closer to him by the waist with my arms around his neck, he leaned down to kiss me still tasting the salt water from our fall, it wasn't a hot make out... it was sweet and passionate filled with so many emotions. He pulled back moving my wet ratty hair out of my face his chocolate eyes twinkling, "You look beautiful Brielle." He whispered making me shiver. I blushed at his comment, leaning into his chest enjoying this moment, "Thank you." We stayed like that for a couple of minutes before I started to notice the other girls watching him and drooling over him, still being muffled into his chest I asked him,

"Why aren't you wearing a shirt?"
I felt his chest rumble a little before he pulled me back to look at me putting his hands on my waist, "Well you see... I was being an idiot and dropped my gorgeous girlfriend in the ice cold water and gave her my only extra shirt..." He put his hands under my shirt touching my bare skin before continuing, "I mean I could just take it off if you want if I'm bothering you." He started inching higher and higher making me shiver through his hands going up my body before I yelped and jumped away from him, He laughed loudly before opening my door for me and going around to his side.

When he got in he put his hand on my knee and drove with the other making my heart do large flips on the inside, Cough! Cough! Cough! Colton looked at me worried, "Brielle... you okay? Your not sick are you?" I shook my head, "No I can't be-" Sneeze! "Sick! Colton you got me sick!" He cursed under his breath again, "I'm so sorry, god I'm so stupid I shouldn't have taken you here."