Chapter Fifteen

Brielle's POV

I am now currently sitting in the waiting room of the hospital, I have been waiting here for two hours. No one has told me anything since I'm not direct family, the doctor said that he tried reaching his parents but they weren't picking up. Colton told me they were on a Habitat For Humanity trip. I don't understand how he could be so stupid, all I know is that he was drunk while driving his motorcycle. I just don't understand why he was drunk, he told me that he hasn't drank in a long time... why start again and why drive drunk?

"Colton Pierce?" A doctor came out with a clipboard, I immediately shot up and went over to him which caused him to raise his eyebrows at me, "I'm his girlfriend! So will you tell me what's wrong?" I snapped at him which made him fumble with his clipboard before clearing his throat, "He's in recovery you can go see him... room 318"

I ran as fast as my legs could take me pushing past almost everyone until I found his room. Deep breath's he's okay he has to be.

When I opened the door Colton was lying on the bed with wires all around him, his arm in a cast, his leg broken. I sat down beside him taking his hand while crying, "Why? Why di-did you do this? You c-cant leave me. I cant l-loose y-you to. P-please be o-okay." I felt his grip tighten on my hand before I looked up and met a pair of chocolate brown eyes... my guy's chocolate brown eyes. "Co-Colton?"

"Yes, baby I'm here, don't worry I'm okay." his voice was thick and raspy, he then used his one good hand to wipe my tears, "Why are you crying?" I let out a small sarcastic laugh, "Why do you think? I was woken up by a call from the police telling me I needed to get to the hospital, there's been an accident. I was so scared Colton, so scared. How could you? Why did you? Did you want to l-leave m-me?" My voice broke. I looked up and saw sorrow and regret in Colton's eyes, "No baby, I'm so sorry I wasn't thinking. It was a hard night and I ended up in a bar, I know I should have came to you instead of drinking but-"

"But what? You though that it woud be okay not calling me? You thought it would be okay drinking? You thought it would be okay driving in your state?" I looked down to hear him sigh, "No, okay you're right I should've called, I should of not picked up that drink and I should have not gotten on my bike. Okay I'm sorry Brielle, I'm so sorry baby."

"What happened last night? Where did you go after you left my house?"

"I'll explain it all to you later okay? Please just tell me... are you okay?"

I angrily wiped my tears, "No! No Colton I'm not okay... I almost lot you tonight, just like I lost-" He then cut me of, "Stop! You will not loose me! Do you hear me? I will NOT leave you again. I'm so sorry for making you think that again." I wiped my tears before throwing myself over him for a hug, "A little to tight Cherry Pie" I suddenly got a shock of how he looked, cuts and bruises on his face his neck scratched up, scrapes on his elbows. I rubbed my finger over his dry lip as he flinched, "Sorry." I saw dried blood on his knuckles but decided against saying anything.

"It's okay Cherry Pie," He then scooted over carefully before pulling my hand for me to come in he bed, "Come on get some rest." "Colton, no its okay I can stay-"

"Brielle, I'm not taking no for an answer," He told me sternly before I finally gave in and scooted in beside him, I snuggled close to him being careful not to hurt him, I heard him whisper my name to make sure I was still awake, "Yeah?"

"Do you want to know why I have busted knuckles? I saw you looking at them." I silently shook my head before he sighed, "When I went to the bar... some guys from school were there, they started talking, I kept on hearing your name, I didn't do anything about until that guy Parks... the one from the party, came over. He was going on and on about how I shouldn't have stopped him, that he would find you and he would take you..." He started to trail off as I saw his fists clenched I rubbed his chest to get him to calm own which surprisingly worked, "I didn't like the things he was saying about you Brielle... terrible things. I-I was not going to let him get away with that. So I hit him... I hit him over and over again as his friends tried to pull me off him... I wouldn't budge," I flinched almost envisioning it, he noticed this before taking a deep breath,

"And me telling you this, you can be scared of me, you can hate me, but I'll remember it as me protecting and standing up for Brielle Kelly the girl that I love. The girl that I am in love with, and screw it for being to early I don't care about the timing... all I know is, is that I am in love with you."

My breath hitched, He just told me that he loved me! Well respond, don't just lay there.

"I am in love with you too Colton! I love you Colton Pierce!"

He then grinned from ear to ear before kissing me, he didn't care how much it was hurting him, he kissed me with hope, passion, desire and... love. I am in love with Colton Pierce and he is in love with me!

We pulled back and I snuggled into his chest as close as I could without hurting him I was almost asleep when I heard him say, "I love you Cherry Pie." "I love you to Colton" and I went into the best sleep I have had in a long time. I went to sleep loved and happy.
_______________________________________

Brielle's POV

I woke up with a frown on my face then I noticed that I was stuck up to Colton... The Colton who told me that he loved me last night. My Colton. He was awake, all night he was awake, he was still recovering from a concussion so he couldn't sleep. I tried to move from his tight grip that he had on me with his one good arm but he noticed I was awake and turned his head toward me with the biggest smile I have ever seen, "Good morning Cherry Pie."

"Good morning, has the doctor came in yet?" I yawned asking him as he shook is head, "Yeah he came in a while ago to give me my pain meds... good news is, I can go home if I am feeling it today!"  I jumped up excitedly, "Really?!? Wait... what about school?" He sucked in a breathe before answering me, "Uh, about school... I'm not gonna be back for at least two weeks." My excitement died, "Oh... well I mean that's okay... I will stay with you-" "No Brielle. You are going to go to school like nothing ever happened. You can't miss school because of me." I sighed before sitting back on the bed, "No. Colton you can stay with me until your parents get back from their trip, I will get our work from school... but I'm staying with you." He then looked at me with a serious expression, "Why? Why woud you do that for me?" I scooted closer to him cuddling into his side, "Because your my boyfriend and the guy that I love you." He smiled before pulling back and kissing me, "I love you more Cherry Pie." We were about to go in for another kiss until the door opened and in came the doctor before clearing his throat, "Oh,,. sorry to interrupt but Colton you are free to leave now if you'd like, here is a pair of crutches to help you walk. Next time... be careful and don't drive drunk."

As I helped Colton out of the car to get into my house I was ready for an explanation. The whole way home he was silent, not a word came out of his mouth. I helped him sit down on the couch and prop up his leg before asking, "Okay. We're home. Now explain to me why you were drinking when you told me that you had stopped and why you were driving while drunk." He sighed before rubbing his good hand across his face, "I guess I do owe you a really big explanation... here goes nothing."

-------- 

Heyyy!

I hope you liked this chapter, I wanted to do this chapter to show the consequences of drunk driving, it gets even worse than this. Please comment what you think. Thank you for reading my story! Sorry for the short chapter the next one will be  longer one.

Byyyeee!!