Chapter Sixteen

Brielle's POV

I watched him as he looked around my house avoiding my gaze that I had on him, "Colton... come on tell me, I can't promise I wont be mad but... I'll still love you I promise." He then looked at me, with his voice strained  "You can't promise me that Brielle... you don't know what happened."

"Then tell me." I sat beside him on the couch and ran my hand through his hair, "As you know I got a text on my phone... it was from my mom, she told me something happened and I needed to come home right away. When I got there were vases smashed and there was yelling coming from the kitchen... my d-dad w-was holding my mo-mom in a choke hold..." He started to tear up and drifting off, "Colton look at me." When he looked up I saw chocolate brown eyes filled with sadness and regret "It's okay I'm here you can tell me.

"Brielle my parents aren't off doing anything for Habitat For Humanity... my dad had a knife to my mom's throat... Brielle he was right there. I should have done so-something...but I didn't I thought he was bluffing, he wasn't. He stared directly into my eyes and slit her throat." I tensed up beside him, I knew his dad he would have never done this. "C-Colton... I'm so sorry." 

He looked up at me again, "Why are you sorry Brielle? You didn't murder my mother. You are here. Here for me." I wiped one of his tears, "W-what happened to your da-dad?" I then saw him tense up before looking away, "You're going to hate me-"

"No. No I won't I promise you I could never hate you. Just tell me what happened."

He took a deep breath, "I told you my knuckles were bruised because the guys at the bar were saying things about you... that isn't true and god I'm so sorry for lying to you but... my dad. He was the one saying things about you, he said that he was going to take the only other thing that mattered most to me... He said that he left because I ruined his life and he wanted to ruin my by taking my most important things away from me. You." I felt my chest tighten and I flinched Colton noticed this and used his one good hand to pull me to him, "Don't worry, I won't let him touch you, I won't let anyone touch you."

"So that's why your knuckles are bruised?" I sniffed by now I had tears coming out of my eyes, Colton wiped my tears, "Yes. I-I started beating on him, over and over. By the time couldn't continue... he was unconscious. So I left. I went to the bar and I drank, I drank over and over again. I'm so sorry Brielle please don't be scared of me or hate me."

I pulled his face toward me slowly being careful not to hurt him, "I don't hate you Colton, and I'm not scared of you... I-I'm just so sorry that you had to go through that."

"I love you so damn much Brielle."

"I love you to Colton." I saw him smile through his tears despite how he may be feeling and I made him feel worse. I made him repeat it. "Colton I'm sorry I made you tell me."

He looked at me confused, "I'm not... I'm glad you did because now I fell in love with you so much more just by you being here for me. Thank you." He then gives me a small kiss on my forehead. And we lay like that. I'm not sure how long but we lay like that enjoying each others company.

After a while of us just sitting there talking, kissing, cuddling the doorbell rings and Nick, Maggie and Zack come bursting through the doors, "Why weren't you at school-" Zack stops when he sees Colton, "What the hell happened to you?"

When Colton finished telling his story about the accident leaving out the parts about his parents, "Wait, why were you drunk? You don't drink." I could feel Colton tense beside me before I answered, "We had a fight. He was mad and he took off and went to the bar." Colton just nodded his head agreeing with me.

"Okay guys, thank you for coming over but we really need to get to bed so we won't be in school for a while, Mags will you pick up my work and Zack or Nick can you pick up Colton's?"

"Yeah no problem." Maggie and Zack said at the same time, "Awwww!!" They were both staring at each in awe because they talked at the same time. They said a quick bye before leaving. I turned to Colton who was staring off into space, "Hey... you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine... Are we gonna go upstairs?" He tried to balance himself up with his crutches before I gently sat him back down, "No! No way! We are staying down here." He sighed but agreed.

Colton was laying down on the couch with his leg propped up while I was sitting on the love seat watching him, it was about ten o'clock in the morning when I was awoken again by the sound of the phone ringing, Colton was already up interested in something on his phone, he didn't even notice I was awake until he heard the shuffling if the couch. He looked at me and smiled as I went to go get the phone, you know that's a fake smile.

As I picked up the phone my parents were calling from an airport phone telling me that their flight got delayed and they will be home at five instead of twelve. Crap! I forgot, what am I going to tell my parents?!?

"Who was it?" I ran my fingers through my messy blond hair, "My parents... They are coming home today. What am I going to tell them?"

"They'll understand... I don't have to stay here-" I cut him off "NO Colton you are staying here. Don't worry I'll talk to them... Here let me get your medicine."

He groaned before getting his crutches and hopping towards me leaning up against the counter for balance, he pulled me by my waist into him, "Thank you for everything. I know I don't deserve it for how I've treated you, I really don't deserve it and I don't deserve you or your love. But for some reason you love me and I really don't wanna argue with that."

He needs to stop beating himself down over what he has done, I forgave him, "Colton stop. I forgave you it happened it's over... It made me realize my love for you so I'm happy that things happened the way they did." He smiled at me not fully but a very small smile. A real smile.

He leaned in to peck me on the lips, "I love you Cherry Pie."

"I love you too Colton."
----------
Heyyy!!

I hope you liked this chapter I will update soon thank you for reading!! Please comment what you think!

Byyyeee!!