Chapter Eighteen

Brielle's POV

"Brielle, stop. I am fine!" Colton exclaimed running his hand through his hair, "Just stop smothering me!" Colton is now able to be back at school, he has his cast off his arm and he is using his crutches for one more week.

He has been great to take care of! Note my sarcasm.

He doesn't seem to understand the concept that I am just trying to help him, he has been so closed off lately especially towards me, he has only been completely open with one person, April.

"Oh my god, Colton are you okay?!?" Speaking of April, she comes running down the school corridor towards him and grabs his arm. You see ever since that night when she showed up me and Colton have been having a few problems, she just shows up out of no where when we are trying to have a serious conversation and Colton lets her.

"Yeah April, I'm fine... just dealing with some stuff." He then glared at me out of the corner of his eye, April then looked my way shooting me a nasty glare, "You could have helped him you know, I mean he is your boyfriend." I rolled my eyes at this comment, "You know what? I could help him but then what would your needy desperate self do?!?" She gasped before turning away, "Oh and April?" She swung herself around to face me, "You're right he is my boyfriend." She then turned back around and stomped away. I know she wants him back and he is just playing right along with her.

"You didn't have to be so rude you know." Colton's deep voice broke me out of my thoughts, "Really?!? Are you seriously defending her right now? How can you not see that she wants you back?!?" Colton then furrowed his eyebrows before a flash of realization hit his face, "So that's why you have been like that to her? Because you're jealous? Do you still not trust me?!? We've been over this before Brielle... I can't be in a relationship with someone who doesn't trust me, so your call." I tried to call out to him but he was already shuffling down the hallway towards his class. I felt my eyes start to tear up, No you can't cry. Not here.

"Hey, you okay?" Maggie came up to me with Zack trailing not far behind, "Looks Brie... Colton's just going through a rough time, okay? He doesn't mean that." Colton decided to tell them what happened with his parents, after he knew he needed more support. Zack then spoke up, "Look, Brielle, Colton's my best friend and he can be a pain sometimes... but he loves you and nothing will happen between him and April, he is just use to her always being around. "Trust me when I say this, he loves you to much to ever let you go"

"I don't know anything that has been going on with him for the past three weeks!" I started to feel tears run down my cheeks. "Brielle, no stop. It's okay, he will figure everything out, okay?" I nodded my head in response before I heard them both sigh, "Come on lets get to class."

Chemistry is my next class. With Colton, the only class I have with him and April, well she has all the same classes except Chemistry. I went in and sat straight down not even bothering to greet the teacher, Colton came in a little while later and sat down beside me putting his crutches against the table, "Mr. Pierce? Maybe next time have your little girlfriend there help you to this class so your not late." He didn't respond, he just looked down at his paper. Throughout the class we had to do group work which consisted of me looking and talking to Colton, "Okay... so if 2HCI-" Colton cut me off by grabbing my face towards him gently, "Have you been crying?" I mentally face palmed myself, I had forgotten to wash my face, I tried my best to lie, "Uhm.. N-no I-I just splashed w-water on my face." He didn't belive it for one second, "Brielle I know that-" Rinnng! Thank you bell! I darted as fast as I could out of the classroom and headed to lunch, where I sit.... with Colton.

Colton came in about five minutes later with April on his arm, she gently sat him in his seat next to me, "So Colt, same thing for lunch?" She asked him batting her eyelashes while I clenched my teeth, "You know it! Thanks Ap" She giggled slightly before kissing him on the cheek, very close to his mouth. Seriously?!? Colt, Ap?!? Colton then turned to me, "Why were you crying?" Oh I don't know maybe the fact that you mentioned us breaking up today and the fact that you hang out more with your first love than your girlfriend!! "Nothing." He looked me straight in the eyes, "Nothing?" I pursed my lips nodding in agreement, "Brielle, you and me both know that's not-"