Chapter Five

Colton's POV

How could I be so stupid?

Brielle, there she was walking through the hallway her blond wavy hair bouncing up and down looking beautiful. Like always.

Gwyn the smut then caught me out of my trance by putting her hand on my chest trailing it downward, then I saw Brielle coming towards me out of the corner of my eye. No,No,No. This is bad I cant talk to her, what will my friends think if they see me talking to her?

I turned to Gwyn trying to act interested in her hoping that my act would make Brielle turn away-

"Hi Colton" said her bubbly voice,

Well I guess not.

I had no choice I had to say what I said from the looks my friends were giving me.

"Why are you talking to me? Is there a reason why you think you can talk to me?" As I saw the tears swell up in her eyes I knew I shouldn't have said that

I care for Brielle I always have ever since I met her when me and Blake became best friends, I always knew then that I had to protect her and now even more after Blake passed... I knew that that was when she needed protection the most, but she doesn't understand I have a reputation to protect.

I looked her intently waiting for her response, "W-w-well I-I just thought b-because we-were friends n-no-" Now I was mad, who does she think she is coming in here intruding on me and my friends, when I said I would be her friend I didn't know that she would be this clingy.

"Friends? Are you kidding me? Why would I ever be friends with you? You are just a stupid, worthless piece of trash that is responsible for her own brothers death!"

WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT?!!? YOU KNOW HOW SENSIT-  Crack!

Did she just- She did- She punched me!

Brielle was walking away while Gwyn was trying to pounce on her while I held her back, Gwyn then turned to me with a disgusted look on her face, "Why in the hell would you do that? I could've pinned her to the ground!!"

God! I'm so stupid, I saw Brielle storming out of the school, I had to fix this, I just got her trust back and lost it again just like that. 

I need to fix this

And I know just what to do!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Brielle's POV

Maggie left a little bit ago, and I wish she hadn't, Colton's words keep replaying over and over again in my head, "You are a stupid, worthless, piece of trash who is responsible for her own brothers death!"

I don't understand what I did to him, HE was the one who asked me to be friends, if he was trying to play me it worked. I knew that he could not be trusted.

The doorbell interrupted my thoughts, I wiped my eyes and walked to the door to find.... Colton!!

Yeah note my sarcasm.

"What do you want Colton?" I snapped, he didn't seem fazed by my tone instead he responded surprisingly calm

"Brie, look-" before he continued I interrupted him my anger building up by every word.

"NO, COLTON YOU LOOK! THE OTHER NIGHT YOU LEFT ME AND I DIDN'T CARE BECAUSE I KNEW THE NEXT DAY THAT I COULD ASK YOU WHY YOU HAD TO LEAVE THINKING WE WERE FRIENDS, YOU WERE NOT THERE OR THE NEXT DAY YOU WEREN'T THERE. I WAS WORRIED ABOUT YOU, YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT FRIENDS DO, THEY WORRY FOR EACH OTHER AND CARE FOR EACH OTHER AND WHEN I WALKED UP TO YOU TODAY AND YOU YELLED... THAT AT ME I-" He stopped me out of my rant by barging his way in and turning me around pushing me up against the door. What is it with him and pushing up against me?

He spoke in almost a whisper his face inches from mine, "I'm so sorry Brie, please forgive me?"

My breath hitched as he continued, "Let me take you somewhere, dress warm, be ready in ten minutes."

"W-where are you taking me?" he moved off of me and sat down on the couch

He then turned to me, "Well are you getting ready or not?"

I know that I should tell him to leave right now and never talk to me again but I feel as if I do that it would probably be the biggest mistake in my life for letting him get away again.

"Fine." I said in almost a whisper

Colton  just gave me a cheeky smile and I headed upstairs to get changed.

I decided to go with white owl sweater with black jeans and whit high heel boots, topping it off with a gray beanie. I grabbed my purse and headed down to Colton... What would he think? Wait... No, why would I care what he thought?

As I was walking down the stairs I looked down at Colton who's eyes were raking up and down my body, I felt a faint blush build on my face as I cleared my throat his face turned from embarrassed to his signature smirk in a split second.

"Well, Well don't you look beautiful Brielle."

I swear my blush grew as bright as a tomato, "Shut up and lets go."

__________________________________________________________________________________

After about twenty minutes of riding in Colton's Audi A9 Concept Car which I might add is a pretty amazing car. Colton saw my amazement and spoke, "Like what you see?"

"It's amazing... h-how? W-who got it for you?"

His face fell from his smirk, "Uh...m-my dad." he spoke quietly

I gasped, "Wait... Colton, your dad? He came back? When? Are you okay? Do you wanna talk about it?" His dad left him when he was thirteen years old after his mom died, he had to move in with his Aunt. 

He sighed, "Brielle, yes he came back, about a year ago, no I'm not okay, and I do not wanna talk about it."

"Fine, but Colton, when you need someone to talk to you can talk to me. Always." I told him as I put my hand on top of his. He looked at me for a split second with what looked like emotion then pulled back his hand and broke his gaze away from mine.

I pulled my hand back into my lap and cleared my throat, "So, uh... where are you taking me?"

Just then the car came to a halt and I looked up.

"You're taking me ice skating?!?" I asked fully filled with excitement

He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, "Yeah, I.. uh.. remember how much you used you love it before.... Blake. So.. uh, shall we go?"

____________________________________________________________________________________

As we entered my eyes flood with memories of my times spent here when I was younger with my brother and Colton.

"Hey.. You okay?" Colton asked me with sympathy

My voice strained as I tried to hold back the tears, "This is our ice skating rink."

Realization flashed over his eyes as he took a look around, "Crap! Brielle, I'm so sorry, do you wanna go? I swear I didn't remember that this was the one, if I did I wouldn't have brought you-"

I interrupted  him by kissing him on the cheek. Why would you do that?

Colton looked shocked as well, " I... uh sorry, it's fine Colton, it was very sweet of you."

"Well then lets get to skating then shall we? Still suck Brielle?" He asked as we were getting our shoes

"Hey I was awesome,"

"Uh-uh, okay sure you were."

We tied up our skates and made our way onto the ice,

This should be fun.