Chapter 1

He watched Marinette carry a bag of new fabric, hurrying down the street. Patrol hadn't been very interesting and it was rather cool to see how his classmate acted outside of class.

Yeah, she didn't know him behind his mask. Still, the idea of getting to know her, especially after the incident with Nathaneal, seemed like a fun idea. She always seemed very nervous around him as Adrien. Maybe she didn't like him? But she was composed around him when he was Chat Noir. Maybe it was actually possible to get to know her.

A woman rushed by Marinette, knocking her over. The bag dropped and Marinette quickly brushed herself off. Chat hopped down and landed in front of her.

"Need a hand, princess?" He extended his hand. Marinette grasped her bag, then took his hand.

"Thanks," she said simply. "What are you doing around here? Is there some trouble?"

"Nah, I just happened to be passing by." he responded. "I've been pretty bored. May I keep you company?"

She looked conflicted. She sighed a little before conceding. "Why not. I'm not busy this afternoon either since I finished my homework."

Chat cheered a little in his mind. "Great! I know the perfect place." He picked her up princess style, seemingly to her disdain. He smirked a little. Marinette was one of the few who didn't freak out about him. She was unique for sure.

He ran up the side of the building and jumped onto the rooftop of a hotel building. The rooftop was covered in potted plants. He set Marinette down, expecting her to collapse in shock. After all, he had just carried her running up a building.

To his utter amazement, she just brushed herself off and gave him a look. "You are so paying if any of my new fabrics were damaged," she said, then glared at him. He gawked for a second before recovering.

"Right, you're a designer." he remembered. "Well I can do even better than that, princess. I'll even give you some of the newest, most fashionable fabrics around."

Marinette raised an eyebrow. "Is that so, kitty? And how, may I ask, will you manage that?"

"I have connections," Chat responded vaguely. Marinette ruffled through her bag.

"They seem fine," she decided. "So what's happening?" She sat against the railing. He sat next to her.

"Akuma attacks and my regular life," he answered. "You?"

"Well school is the same. My friend Alya, who runs that Ladyblog, is super excited for the rise in attacks. More of a chance to catch Ladybug." Marinette gave a nervous chuckle.

"She keeps putting herself in danger, you might want to tell her to be careful." Chat commented.

"You don't think I do? Every day? I've tried, I really have!" Marinette said with a groan. Chat snickered. "But Chat, I do have to ask...why me?"

"Huh?"

"Why'd you ask me to come here? I'm sure many of your fan girls would kill for this opportunity and I'd...er...guess that Ladybug talks to you."

Chat shrugged. Well he couldn't tell her, oh you're in my class and I wanted to get to know you. You act nervous in class but confident around me when I'm not my regular self, so my brilliant mind settled for this plan."You were very brave when you helped me out. I thought it'd be fun to talk to you."

She wasn't buying it, but let it go. "How is your regular life?"

He chuckled. "Not the greatest. My dad is ignoring me, this rather irritating girl who is obsessed with me won't leave me alone, and my best friend has been busy lately. I've been trying to make friends with this girl-" He coughed. "-who's really nice, but she always seems flustered and I think she doesn't like me."

Marinette nodded. "Sorry to hear that. But I'm sure the girl just admires you and doesn't know how to talk to you without feeling super nervous."

"Why do you think that?"

"Well I can be like that around my crush," Marinette admitted, blushing slightly. "He's really cool. But I can't talk to him, ever. Not just because of nerves, there's this girl who constantly prevents me from getting to talk to him."

Chat sighed. "Wow, maybe that's true. Maybe I should talk to her friend..."

"I'm sure she'd like that." Marinette smiled gently at him.

Suddenly, there was a loud crash. They jolted and looked over the railing to see someone throwing what seemed to be golf balls everywhere.

"I am the Golf Pro! I am here to wreak havoc on your uncultured lives!" He threw a golf ball at a store window. "Fore!"

Chat stared at him. Marinette snorted. "Lame name, stupid motive, awful powers." she stated. "You have to go fight, right?"

Chat nodded with another sigh. He picked her up and jumped back down to the sidewalk, where he out her down. "Let's do this again sometime!" he called as he ran away.

Of course, he missed the portion where Marinette hid her bag in an alleyway and transformed into Ladybug.

She ran out and caught up to him. "Hey kitty! Ready to play?" she said.

He grinned. "Anytime, my Lady."