Chapter 12

Marinette had woken up at least an hour ago, and yet there she was, staring at her ceiling, unmoving.

Tikki sighed, sitting on the silent girl's forehead. "Do we need to talk about what happened?"

Marinette nodded slightly.

"Adrien is Chat Noir, you told him you're Ladybug..." Tikki paused to giggle. "...you kissed him, he kissed you, and you're spending New Year's together. After kissing again last night, he had to go."

Marinette nodded again, causing Tikki to slide down to her nose. They giggled in unison. "But where even are we? Can we really be considered...dating?" Marinette flushed heavily. "I mean...I kissed the kitty but I don't think that means we're a couple. Will this change things? I'm definitely going to mess it up." Sitting up quickly, she grasped Tikki by her tiny arms and shook the kwami slightly. "Gah, Tikki! I'm going to mess this up!"

Tikki laughed, zooming out of Marinette's hands and cuddling against her flushed face. "You are overthinking and overcomplicating this!"

"But it's true..."

"Marinette, do you like Adrien?"

"Yeah...I have forever."

"Do you like Chat Noir?"

If Marinette's face wasn't red enough, it reddened further. "Um...I do...I didn't think I did but I do..."

"Then what's there to be worried about?"

"How he feels about me..."

"You should know Chat has always had feelings for Ladybug, meaning Adrien did too. When Chat started seeing the confident, adorable, honest Marinette, he fell for her. Which means, of course, Adrien did too. So it's as easy as that!" Tikki smiled gently at her, adorable eyes soft and kind. "I'm not one to simplify complications, but I believe in you and him. I know you'll make it through anything, especially if you're together. So just keep going!"

Marinette's heart warmed as she cuddled her kwami again. "I love you Tikki, and no matter what happens, I know you'll support me. And if you need me, I'll support you too."

"I love you too!"

"You took your sweet time waking up! Lucky for you, the day starts at noon," her father told her with a knowing smirk.

"Why are you looking at me like that...?" Marinette questioned, suspicious.

Her mother came from the kitchen, wearing a similar smirk to her father's. Marinette felt herself take a step back instinctually.

"Has he asked you out yet?" her mother asked.

"Who asked me...what?! No! He, uh...no!" Marinette stammered. She felt Tikki chuckling in her purse. Her blush returned.

"This year, I put up the mistletoe for more than your mother," Her dad grinned sinisterly. "Looks like it worked well!"

"We didn't...we aren't...no. Just..." Marinette felt the heat in her face creep into her neck and throughout her body.

"It's okay, Mari." Her mother laughed. "We know you'll make the right decisions. And from the look of it, he's one of the best decisions you've ever made."

Marinette really couldn't deal with this firsts thing in the morning. "Don't we, uh, have to set up the bakery or something." she suggested, lamely.

Both of her parents smiled at her as she rushed to set up the bakery for customers.

The clock struck two, the afternoon rush slowing down. Her father was busy baking the bread for the evening and her mother decorated the pasteries. Marinette took a tray and put them into the display upfront when she heard the chimes.