Chapter 13

I know it takes a while for mw to update, which I'm sorry about. Also: I guess my A/N was a bit misleading last chapter, so let me say that this story is not over yet! It will not be for a while! Not that I find it that good or anything I just have a lot more I want to do. You'll have to excuse my slow updates though, sorry.

Adrien coughed, irritated and choking on face powder. The new make-up assistant chittered about working on the set of "a Gabriel Agreste photoshoot! The actual thing!" He understood her amazement and was glad she was good with make-up, but he could do without powder in his lungs and brushes in his eyes.

"Adrien, you're on in five." Adrien gave a nod in acknowledgement to the manager, getting up for the next hour of photos. He reached for his phone, but the manager shook his head. Adrien cursed under his breath. He really, really wanted to call her right now.

He gave the "I'm-a-polite-and-famous-fashion-model" smile he was so used to displaying, and the photographer ate it up. Was it really so difficult to tell the difference between a fake and a real smile? Really?

Then he thought of Marinette, his beautiful princess, and he felt the entire photoshoot take on a different light. Marinette was cheering for him even if she couldn't be there, she was looking forward to hearing from him later, he could get through this. He saw the photographer's content expression morph into one of surprise, then one of excitement.

"That's great, Adrien!" he called. "You look like you're in your element!"

"Nah," he whispered between shots. "I just have my Lady in mind."

An hour later, finally finished, Adrien politely thanked the staff before rushing to grab his phone. He dialed her number as fast as humanly possible and brought it to his ear.

"Hello?"

"Marinette!" Adrien said, happily. "It's so nice to talk to you."

He heard her giggle. "It's nice to hear from you, kitten. I've missed you."

"There's absolutely no way you've missed me half as much as I've missed you," Adrien stated, grinning. He wished he could hold her right then.

"Whatever you say, Adrien." she responded, laughing. "How did the shoot go?"

"Great, because I was thinking of you." he answered. He heard her splutter and could feel her blush through the phone. His grin widened. Point for Adrien!

"Th-Thanks! You've b-been on my mind too, kitty. Unfortunately, school has been too." He sighed.

"Agreed. I don't know if I'm ready to go back yet."

"And we can't escape Nino and Alya there! Avoiding texting them won't last forever."

Adrien gave a nervous laugh. "I forgot," he admitted sheepishly. "They're going to kill us, aren't they?"

"Probably." He heard her talk to someone for a second. "Hey Adrien, I gotta help my parents downstairs. I'll call you in a bit, are you doing anything?"

"Nope, free for the rest of the night."

"Great! I'll call you soon."

"Bye, Mari."

"Bye, Adrien!" She hung up, and Adrien pocketed his phone. Getting into the car, he thought of going back to school with a slight grimace. He'd always enjoyed it, since it was very different from homeschooling, but he could do without drama for a little while longer.

When he reached home, he opened the door to be greeted by Nathalie. "Your father requests your presence in his office," she told him.

Adrien nodded and walked up the stairs to his father. Opening the door, he walked in. "Father?" he asked.