Chapter 14

(A/N : okay so some people here still believe this to be my story meaning they skipped the first A/N I've wote for this story and most likely ignored or skimmed the discription . So I am just reminding you guys that this is not my story I was given permission by Phantompierce-Okamoto from fanific.com to share this story. I, by no means, did not write this story. And I can only update when the author does. so thank those who have been very patient with the author and please enjoy this chapter that she wote. ( ' ▽ ' )ノ)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Oh my god he's waking up."

Adrien felt his heavy eyelids drift open, vision hazy. As the blur cleared a little, he immediately saw Marinette. His body still heavy with exhaustion, he couldn't reach up to her, to comfort her, to rid her face of that anxious expression. He felt a gentle hand on his face, the one he knew that belonged to his Lady, to his princess. Still delirious, he exerted whatever effort he had to put his hand on hers.

"Thank god. Oh my...Adrien you absolute idiot."

"What did I do?" he asked, drowsily. His lips felt stiff and dry. Marinette slowly raised him to a sitting position, and feeling returning to his fingers and toes.

"Do you need water? Food? Are you okay?" she asked hurriedly. She frantically grabbed a cup of water from the table.

"A kiss would be nice," he responded quietly, forcing a smirk. "I feel awful, what happened?"

Marinette didn't laugh or even smile. "You overworked yourself, is what happened." she hissed. "I knew it! You aren't taking care of yourself and you passed out and you are such an idiot and why haven't you been sleeping or eating properly and I swear to god I'm talking to your dad about this-"

"Mari," Adrien interrupted. "It's okay. I'm fine. You don't need to bother him, the workload is over for now anyway. No shoots for a few weeks and no lessons today."

He watched as she clenched and unclenched her fists, lips quivering. He reached his hand to cup her cheek gently. Her worry was evident in her eyes, and her tense shoulders suggested she hadn't left his side even once.

"How long was I out?"

"An hour or so," she responded, with a gentle, shuddered breath. She leaned over and wrapped her arms around his waist, resting her forehead on his shoulder. "You scared me, you idiot."

"I'm sorry," he whispered. "Are we alone?"

"Everyone else is in class. The nurse is out so I said I would take care of you," Marinette explained, voice slightly muffled in his shoulder. He put his hands on her cheeks and moved to look into her eyes. He smiled with a sigh. Marinette's stress faded into relief. And he pulled her in gently for a tender kiss, pausing before their lips met.

"Is he awake - oh shoot!"

Marinette jolted back, causing Adrien to burst into laughter and her to blush heavily. Marinette stammered out some sort of excuse to the wide-eyed Nino and got redder by the second. Neither of their friends had seen them kiss yet, after all. Nino was probably freaking out about stopping them from kissing for the first time, knowing him.

Adrien watched as Nino tried to comfort the blushing girl, sheepishly apologizing for barging in. Adrien yawned, shivering in the fierce air-conditioning of the infirmary.

"Are you cold?" Marinette asked hurriedly. "Should I grab another blanket? Oh let me try to turn the air-conditioning down-"

"Marinette, calm down," Adrien said, amused. "I'm fine, okay? Just relax and sit with me."