Chapter 21

Major props to the artist idk who drew it tho😅

Marinette felt the eyes of the entire class on her. Self-conscious, she put her hand down and grinned nervously. She saw Adrien looking at her with mild confusion and worry.

"What!" Chloe yelped, standing up.

"I think that's a great idea, Marinette!" Madame Bustier said, smiling at Marinette. "So that means Chloe and Marinette will be partners, and Sabrina and Adrien. Alright, class dismissed!"

As students left the classroom, Chloe rushed to Madame Bustier. "Do I not get a choice in the matter? I'd like to work with Adrien!" Chloe exclaimed, her eyes narrowed.

"You are partners with Marinette, Chloe. Go on now."

Chloe walked over to Marinette, glowering. "Why did you do that?"

"I wanted to work with you?" Marinette responded, shrugging slightly and grimacing.

Chloe looked at her in disbelief. Shaking her head and grumbling, she pursed her lips. "Fine. Come to my house in an hour so we can get this done quickly."

Marinette raised her eyebrow in surprise. She half expected Chloe to push the work onto Sabrina or make Marinette do it alone. "Oh! Okay, see you then." Chloe stormed away, grumbling under her breath.

Marinette sighed, rubbing the back of her neck. Adrien walked up to her, with wide eyes. "Do you have a plan or were you being impulsive?" he asked, genuinely confused.

"I need to talk to her," she admitted. "The project was the best excuse. I want her to understand that our relationship has been nothing but successful, even if there have been some tabloid lies."

He nodded, smiling gently at her. Her rubbed her cheek affectionately with his thumb. "Okay, good luck princess. I believe in you. "

"Thank you, kitty." She pecked him on the cheek then left to go home.

Marinette hurried to Chloe's place, but was stopped by Chloe's butler. "Can I help you?"

"I'm here to work with Chloe for school," Marinette explained.

The man raised an eyebrow. "She works with Sabrina."

"We were assigned to each other this time," she added, giggling nervously.

"Oh good, you're here. Come with me," Chloe bursts through the door, shoving aside her stunned butler to drag Marinette inside by the arm. Marinette shot back an apologetic look at the man before letting herself get dragged inside by Chloe.

They ended up working in Chloe's room, Marinette holding her tablet while sitting beside Chloe's bed. They were pretty silent, and Marinette started to feel really awkward. She saw Chloe scrolling through the chapter they were assigned, not really reading it.

"Um…how are you?" Marinette asked awkwardly.

Chloe raised an eyebrow. "Why do you care?"

Marinette sighed, shaking her head. "Of course I care. I know we're not exactly friends but you are still a part of my class. More than anything, you're Adrien's friend and I don't want to be hostile with you."

"Don't worry too much."

"But I do worry."

"I'm sure you have plenty of other things to worry about, so don't even think about it." Chloe huffed. "You said it yourself, we're not really friends."

"But…but…what if I want to be?"

Chloe looked up from her tablet. "Why?"

"Why not?"