IV

(Not edited)

‼️Same skies (A mafia romance), is out now‼️

CASSIDY -

This is nerve wrecking, finally the first day of work.

I closed my eyes and take a deep breath, you can do this Casey! I scolded myself, yesterday Sofia, me and Anna took off shopping after ages.

And well, we ended up spending a little more than needed. We brought four new outfits for Anna and I brought a few formal clothes for work.

This was it, Anderson industries is where I will be working now.

What I feared the most was coming across Dexton at any point of time, though i know he will eventually find out i am working under him I don't want that day to be today.

I shivered at the thought of Dexton but calmed myself down. Shaking my head and putting an end to my thoughts I straightened my navy blue skirt then looked down to Anna who was ready to be dropped off at the Day Care.

"Mum when will you be back? I will be w-woting for you at Aunt Sofia's place!" I smiled and bend down to Anna's level "soon princess, and it's w-a-t-i-n-g" Anna frowned "w-w-a-t-i-n-g?" she tested and I nodded "I will be picking you up from aunt Sofia's place, ok? Be nice for mum please" Anna grinned.

Even though Anna was going to be five soon she was still not very clear with her pronunciations. My daughter was absolutely adorable.

She was precious to me, and would have been to Dexton if he knew.

Sofia wanted to spend some time with Anna, as always. I feel blessed to have a friend like Sofia she has been my rock for years and she treats Anna like her own.

Once we were done with breakfast, I took the car keys and my bag while Anna took her bag pack and we headed to the car.

Ready to start the day.

I about fifteen minutes, we reached the day care. I kissed Anna good bye and drove to the Anderson industries which took about twenty minutes.

Driving into the office campus ,I noticed a Rolls Royce parked in the VIP parking area and at that moment I was well aware of exactly whom the car belonged to.

Dexton.

Once the car was parked I took a long breath and took my bag getting out of the car.
The moment I entered the huge building place I noticed people running around, dressed professionally trying to complete whatever task they had in hand.

Moving towards the elevator I noticed Miranda, the receptionist talking to someone slowly I approached her but hearing my steps she turned around and gave me a bright smile.

She remembers.

I breathed out a sigh of relief.

"Hi Cassidy, glad to see you got the job here! Because I am still waiting for my treat"Miranda teased and I chuckled. A guy at the other end of the office waved at her and gestured to which Miranda gestured back.

"You seem to be busy today!" I said and Miranda shrugged "Mr Anderson is here early today. And he mostly arrives early on days when he either has a meeting or he is planning on inspecting around here. Everyone one here is willing to be noticed!" Miranda explained and jealousies took over me when i noticed that a few women around here were not so decently dresses and were all ready to seek Dexton's attention

Good knows if he has moved on Cassidy

Maybe he has a girlfriend now?

Or it might even be his fiancé

"What's it with the overly dressed females here today?" I questioned even though i knew the answer but tried to act as if it did not affect me "you know even though Dexton Anderson is said to be a shark in the business world, his looks are enough to kill a girl" Miranda exclaimed while I kept my face void of emotions "I should be moving" and without waiting for a reply I waved Miranda goodbye and went into the elevator that just opened.

It's difficult to explain how Dexton still affects me in ways no one else can.It's like he has this unseen power over my body and soul which pull me towards him.

Maybe it's just love, my part of love which he does not reciprocate. Its been five years and I haven't been able to go out on a single date.

Not once, there were times Sofia tried to convince me to go but i refused and with time the left me on my decision making skills when it came to dating.

I can't date someone when I'm clearly not over Dexton, it'll be wrong. Very wrong of me to do that to a person. And after all Anna is all I need she is the center of my world. Until I have her I need no one.

Once the 50th floor arrived I got out and headed to the cabin which Lisa told me was hers. The whole floor had cabins made of opaque glasses.

Finally i came in front of Lisa's cabin which said 'Lisa Price'

I knocked twice and waited for a reply.

"Come in"

The moment I entered the cabin I was greeted with cardboard boxes and papers all around, to the left there was one box taped and packed. Right in the middle of the room stood Lisa.

"Good morning Lisa! What's going on around here?" I questioned as Lisa wiped off the sweat on her forehead even though the air conditioner was on. She smiled and replied "Good morning Cassidy! I have some great news for you." Lisa exclaimed ignoring my question "really? What is it?" I asked out of curiosity to which Lisa replied "You will be replacing me Cassidy, please don't panic, I will be helping you and explaining everything to you today. You are the only one who meets the entire requirements for my post! "

What just happened?

I stood still processing everything Lisa just told me.

It took me a moment to get everything though me I was happy yet felt panic rush through me "What position am I going to take?" was all I asked "You are the new PA to Mr Anderson"

I failed to react to the statement.

"Wh-what did you say?" by now I was stammering "That you are replacing me and that you are the new PA of Dexton ,you need not worry even though he seems a really rigid the boy is a softy inside just give him some time to adjust to you."

This can't be happening not today not ever