VI

‼️Same skies (A mafia romance), is out now‼️

CASSIDYS POV-

I looked up at Dexton only to see a blank face; did he really have nothing to say after all these years?

A lot of emotions were going through me and most of all anger because i never got the explanation to why my marriage was destroyed because i never got an explanation to why all of a sudden my life was destroyed because i don't have the answer to why all my dreams came crashing down.

"Good morning Ms Valentine" i heard a voice say as i shake the thoughts off going through my mind to see it was Dexton who greeted , seriously Ms Valentine?

Seems like this man standing here remembers my maiden name, "Good morning Mr Anderson" it felt odd saying Dexton's name this way i still remember the pet name i gave him dexy but i guess i have to make amendments. I looked up and looked into Dexton's eyes we stared at each other and it seemed as if Dexton was trying to hide something, even though my marriage didn't last i could see and understand Dexton very well even if he himself doesn't say anything his eyes always speak volumes.

i heard someone cough as realization hit me and i realized Lisa was still present in the room "so Cassidy we both better get started you need some training before i leave or better retire. "Lisa explained in a excited voice as i smiled toward her "sure Lisa better not waste time because life taught me to never give your trust and heart to anyone so the faster we start the better we get" said and did not look up to Dexton because i guess he understood what i meant "let's go, Dexton later i will send Cassidy to help you with your office work so that i can explain her how to work, alright?"Lisa asked Dexton as he simply nodded and started reading his file again i walked out of the office along with Lisa "can i go to the washroom, Lisa?" i asked as Lisa simply smiled and turned her hand to the left to show me where the washroom was.

I went into the washroom and closed the door and realized that tears were already streaming down my face, i don't understand how to handle all this i really need this job because i want Anna (daughter, in case you forgot ;) ) to have a good future but for that i need money and the only place i am getting a good pay is here, oh god! Seems like my life is about to get worst but i know one thing clearly for Anna i will do anything no matter how much i have to struggle.

After an hour Lisa explained me everything about how to handle daily stuff in the office and it seems pretty easy so i guess i would not create any fuss. "So Cassidy, i think you are ready for your job" Lisa smiled "only because of you." I completed with a smile "he he ...by the way i have somewhere to go i will met you after an hour or so until the you may go to Dexton and help him." Dexton's name caused me to shiver and i guess Lisa noticed it "Cassidy it's okay my dear, i know it seems Dexton is a really hard boss to work with but believe me he is a softy inside but he doesn't like to show it" Lisa said as i simply nodded and made my way to Dexton's cabin.

I raised my hand to knock the door when i noticed my wedding ring is still in my hand, i totally forgot about! Thank god Dexton didn't see it or else he would have i am still weak and this would have boosted his ego which i am not going to let happened.

____________________________________________________________________________

Lisa's spic above

Hey guys....i hope you are enjoying my story i will keep putting turns and twists in it........just wait and watch.

VOTE............COMMENT........