Really loved you

"Dad, say something to me, please." I whispered. My head was low and eyes closed. Phone tightly in my sweaty grasp. I had just spilled my heart to a boy I had met nearly a month ago, a random person who seemed to me something to me. Enough for me to tell him everything.

And bree, she just rubbed salt in my wounds.

But now, I didn't care about anything because dad had called me up again, and he was just silent.

"Hospital behind his uni. Come Ris. I need to see my daughter."

I shut my eyes tight allowing no more tears to escape. I would force myself to be strong just for dad.

"I'll be there dad, Hold tight."

I put down the phone and decided to face my dad, and see the truth in front of my eyes.

***

"You want me to come?" Alex asked calling from behind. He had driven the clingy as a leech Bree out and sat alone in the sofa.

I just stood looking down confused about every word he uttered.
Why, why did his presence, his shadow in the same room as me mean so much. It scared me.

I heard him shift and he was beside my side. I felt his arm find its way around my waist. I leaned into his rock hard chest.

I felt a flutter on my head, where he left a small kiss.

"What are you doing to me Ris?" He muttered and my heart sped up.

"We, we should go."

I heard him sigh.

"Yeah."

***

I rushed past many nurses, doctors and family which wept in loss.

Number 7, number 7, number 7.

"Here Iris." I turned and ran through the door which Alex held open. As my eyes adjusted to the bright florescent lights I refused to look at the white sheets.

I swallowed hard and seemed to have swallowed all the corouge which I built up all the way here. I'm sorry dad, I can't. Tears slipped out of my eyes and slowly I looked at the hospital bed.

The heartbeats on the screen were gone, the line was straght. And like a arrow it shot me.

I knew Travis, my brother. Who had stuck with me through thick and thin. Who stood as my father when I was alone. That he was gone and I lost him. But I couldn't accept that at all.

I looked at the white sheet which was dragged over him and my lips quivered as I sobbed loudly. I found it hard to stand and Alex held me up, my knees buckled and I had no control over my body.

I walked over to the bed and Fell to my knees.

"Travis, wake up Travis." I said looking at the marble floor.

I saw my reflection, my blood shot eyes.

"Come Ris, your dad's outside."

"But Alex, Travis can't die, he told me he will be there for me. I need him Alex, he's my best friend." I said slowly shaking my head.

"The best things come Iris, it's hard when they go. He left you a note. I think maybe, it's the right time to read it."

I sharply turned to look at him.

"He left me a note, how?"

"Your dad's got it, you still don't know how it happened, how your brother died."