How was I meant to sleep at night

The light in the hall dimmed and it was as if I was a true princess. Alex held at my waist protectively and his hand intertwined with mine.

Our chests were tight together and I just couldn't look at him in the eye.

"Hey, look at me Ris." He whispered, his voice low and demanding.

I swallowed and brought myself to look into his clear steel eyes.

"Alex?" I said.

He nodded.

"I'm getting some fancy punch." I spluttered out ruining the moment where I felt pure bliss and cursed myself for it. he laughed at my awkwardness and reluctantly let go so I could get my 'punch.'

I breathed out, hands shivering and poured myself a drink gulping it all down. it felt cool and fancy I guess. But I wasn't stupid. The stupid punch was spiked.

Come on.

I blinked away the clouds Over my eyes and saw my friend dancing with Zack and smiled cheesily. They look so cute.

I walked over time my dance buddy and he looked at my happy face in amusement.

"Saw an angel?"

"I am an angel."I pouted and he nodded very very seriously.

"They look sooo cute." I beamed pointing at our friends.

"I've seen better." He says which totally puts me off.

"Jerk, they look adoorableee." I chime with the song.

"Hey Ris? you tipsy?" He says but I just giggle.

"The punch was spiked. Isn't that crazy?"

"You know your drunk?"

"Not drunk, just happy." I beam back and pull his hand towards my waist again. And his hand in mine, because I love it.

"Happy indeed." He mocks me but we start dancing again. And again I feel lifted and something stirs in me.

I'm no angel, but he's mine.

"Your so cute when your tipsy." He Whispers, voice low again so no one else can hear.

"You so hot when you breathe." I say and my eyes widen. Did I just say that?

He froze and looked at me before letting go and laughing with no restrictions.Wheezing. Other people were staring as well as Zack and Holly. Zack gave me a thumbs up.

Soon Alex caught on that it was not a place to be laughing like a hyena and stopped, coughing lightly. But the Amused evil smile only I could see.

"So you finally accept it." He Whispers huskily and my cheeks get warm.

"Of course not."

"So it was a lie."

"Yes, you and your big head. Not everyone likes you." I said poking my finger at his hard chest.

"Don't need everyone." He said dancing again.

"Only you." I gulped and all traces of the spiked drink were gone. Is he, serious? I wish, I so so wish.

But I can't tell him that.

He'll think I'm a freak, another fan girl. Alex. How do I tell him.

Instead I lean in slowly and he doesn't pull back. So close. Out if the corner of my eyes I spot something that happened to lead to destruction the rest of the night.

It was Bree eyeing my purse I left on the edge of the stage. But she didn't touch it. I had a desperate need to go and check but I was having so much fun with Alex so I forgot about it.