Zack was right

"No Holly, the other one."

"But you won't look stunning in that one."

"Not really the purposes."

"Isn't it?"

"No, just get the other one." I said firmly causing Stubborn Holly to drop the red dress she was holding for a pale peach one.

We had gotten letters from Gracia signed and with floral borders which made me feel special saying we are formally invited to her 7th anniversary for G.G.

I was squealing in joy when Holly called to say she got one too.

You see this is why I love Gracia, she's not just a cranky boss. Or even a bossy boss. She's more a mum which I had lost and now I need more than ever.

Only complication is she's the mother of the boy I like like crazy . So wouldn't it be weird going up to her and talking about my personal issues with a boy who is by the way your son.

I remembered the time, only a few weeks ago when I got informed about Travis and had to go over to Gracia's house. Stayed with Alex, when he told me about his dad and sister Amy. When he told me about his mum starting at a boutique and then becoming independent to create such a pride in the fashion industry.

I couldn't help but feel proud of her too.

Back to the dresses now, she left the red one, it wasn't ball attire more of a prom slightly breezy slightly immature and too bright.

So in the end I had my hair curled loosely and the peach dress felt snug on my waist. It flowed like a river dipping at my ankles. I fitted it with appropriate heels which wouldn't make me look like the hulk and a swipe of make up.

Done.

Holly on the other side was only thinking about what other would think. As in others , boys.

One boy in mind.

"All this for Zack?"

She looked up wide eyed and flushed cheeks even though her face was caked with makeup.

She stammered and I sighed.

I grabbed a wipe cloth and removed most of her make up and ready doing it as she stood looking embarrassed.

"I've seen how he looks at you, don't worry. If he liked you in the forest at the modelling trip he will like you here."

She laughed quietly.

"Your right, he probably wouldn't even recognise me in the make up mask."

Content we both left in a car that came for us, and the driver was Suprisingly happy to see one of us.

"Hey Zack." I said giving him a smile.

But he couldn't keep his eyes of my friend and I was worried that she was going to die of Heart attack.

"Hey lamb , you girls look great." His eyes not peeling from Holly.

I huffed.

"It's obvious your only looking at Holly." I say smugly with a satisfied smirk.

"It's ok lamb, don't worry, Alex too will be looking at you only ." This time it was his turn to smirk and I was hiding my face because it was now a ripe tomato.

Does make up Melt from too much heat? It's probably all come off now.

We were soon at the place where the ball was taking place and got out of the car. The cool air hit me straight at my face and I watched as other girls women and men got out in their own attire.

Which made me want to run and hide. All her models would be here and Gracia did say I'm a bit different from them. It has to be a bad thing right?

We entered the huge hall where a big glass chandelier hung in the middle. All walls were a pastel yellow with floral borders running along the bottom. There were long tables which fancy looking punch and snacks along both the sides. And in the front a few steps up a decent stage where I saw Gracia looking particularly pretty today.

I walked towards her assuming that that's all I could do seeing Zack took Holly by the hand and walked her away.

I looked up to see the banner hung high up behind the chandelier in terms and gold.

Pulling my dress up, it was difficult, but I some how managed any walked up to Gracia.

She turned to dace me and greeted me with a flashing smile. She looked quite elegant herself in a full light floral dress and small tear drop earrings.

She had also done a chignon which she pulled off pretty darn well.

She enveloped me in a warm hug.

"Ris, so glad you could make it."

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." I beamed back.

"You look gorgoues my dear."

"So do you, as always."

"But, you would look even better, with this." She leaned back and her fingers closed around the clip which I used to hold my hair back and she opened it.

"There, much better."
I felt so much love from her I wished my mum was here with me. I'm so lucky though that I have Gracia.

"Now, I think Alex is wondering where you are."

"He is?" I said remembering what Zack said.

Could he?

No, that would be crazy. He's Alex West and I'm, me.

"Ah, and there he is. Ugh my son. He couldn't even wear a tie." She shook her head in disapproval and I turned to look.

My breath was trapped in my throat.

Dare I say, he looks sexy?

He wore a crisp white shirt a few buttons undone. A coat over it but fitted and casual enough. His hair gelled but still managing to stick up which made him look so much better.

Isn't it illegal to look that good?

"Go on then." Gracia said smirking at me and I reddened for the 2nd time tonight.

I went back down the 4 steps and walked towards him. He caught sight of me and I blushed because Zack was right.

He scanned me shamelessly and his grin got bigger and bigger. I adjusted my dress but he walked up to me and grabbed my hands.

"Perfect." He whispered.

"Um, I, thanks." I said.

Stop freaking out Ris, you've seen him before.

"Your beautiful Ris." My eyes widened. Why was he being so blunt?

Wait, was he even telling the truth. For all I knew he was a cheat, but I couldn't ignore that I thought he looked at me in a way no one did.
It couldn't be act.

It would hurt too much.

"How do I even know that your telling the truth?" I said jokingly

"You should see you through my eyes."

"How do you see me?" I asked bravely.

He leaned in close so that I could feel his minty breath on my ear.

"In a bikini."

I kicked him where the sun don't shine, yes in my floor length gown but it was worth seeing the bad boy Rithe in pain.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Loved seeing all the comments and Votes that you all are giving me.

Let's just take a moment to say that I've gotten 2k views and I'm sooo happy.

Hope you are enjoying Iris nd Alex's story.

I know lots of chapters and no kiss, but I'm waiting for the right time. Might need another pov first.

Question - If they were to kiss who's POV would u want to read it in?

Love and many hugs guys
LilHorse