Chapter 5 - Midnight Ain't No Time For Laughing

A/N: Dedicating this chapter to the lovely @crazymofos99 because she has given me inspiration for this and my next few chapters so yay!

“Liam, come on. Pick up your damn phone,” Louis grumbled as he paced back and forth in his bedroom, listening to the voicemail come up for the 5th time. “Please call me back, Li. I . . . I don’t know what to do and I need you.” He sighed, shaking his head before ending the call and slumping on his desk chair. His eyes were concentrated on staring out of the window, and whenever his phone dinged with a text he nearly jumped out of his skin.

Louis quickly unlocked his phone, only to find that the text was from Harry. Of course, he loved receiving texts from Harry but now the circumstances were totally different. ‘What did you get yourself into?’ His inner god tapped his foot, clearly disappointed.

‘How do you feel about sneaking out with me tonight?’ -Harry

He had never snuck out before, sure he’s skipped school a couple of times when he was years younger but this is sneaking out of his house at night . . . with Harry. What if Harry wanted to kiss him again? Or . . . more? Louis wasn’t sure if he could handle it. What have I gotten myself into? He set his phone down and rest his head in his hands.

‘I’m not sure, Harry.’ -Louis

‘C’mon, Lou. Lighten up and have a little fun . . . with me. ;)’ -Harry

Louis’ chest tightened and his breath shortened. Fun. He wasn’t positive what Harry meant by ‘fun’ but it probably involved inappropriate things. Was Louis really ready for that?

A half of a minute passed and Louis’ phone once again dinged with a text.

‘Just remember, I’m not pressuring you into anything. Whatever you’re comfortable with. x’ -Harry

Maybe this fling could be a positive experience, Louis groaned and started to type a message, but it was cut short whenever his phone started to ring with a call from . . . Liam?!

It took Louis no time at all to answer the call, “Liam? My God, finally. I’ve been ringing you for the past hour.”

“Sorry, Louis. Unlike you, some people are trying to sleep at 9 PM. What do you need? Are you alright?”

“I don’t know, Liam.” Louis sighed, sinking down in the front of his be on his knees. “It’s about Harry.”

“What did he do? I’ll kill him.”

Louis laughed quietly and shook his head, rolling his eyes even though Liam couldn't see him. “You’re about as frightening as a puppy, Li. It’s just . . . he kissed me and-” He couldn’t even finish his sentence before Liam cut him off with a gasp, “finally!” Louis groaned, “It was wonderful and all but something happened after that. He doesn’t like me, Liam. Not like I like him. He wants to have, oh how do I say this, fun.”

The other line was quiet for awhile, and Louis thought that maybe Liam had hung up, until a small cough was heard. “Fun? That’s . . . wow. Did you agree to it?”

He bit down hard on his lip, sitting fully down on the floor and leaning back against his bed. “Maybe.”

“Why?”

“Because I like him, alright? This is probably the closest I’ll get to having a relationship with him.”

“Just stay safe and don’t do anything you aren’t comfortable with. He’s just a guy, you don’t have to give him everything. Call or text me if you need anything else.”