Chapter 26 - Court Is In Session

Louis paced around his bedroom, stepping over multiple cords he had scattered around on the cream colored carpet, careful to not trip over fallen objects he hasn’t cared to pick up. How was he going to tell Harry this? He’s going to be crushed, and honestly, it physically, as well as emotionally, pains Louis to see his boyfriend with anything but a smile on his pretty lips.

“Lou?” He hears a faint tapping on his door before it opens up, revealing the set of twins, blonde hair braided- thanks to Lottie- and big blue eyes looking at him. “Harry is the door, said that he wants to talk to you. Want me to bring him up?” Phoebe asked. Louis nodded in response and then Daisy yelled as loud as she could for Harry to come up to his room. “Now, shoo you little bugs,” Louis said as he heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

Daisy pushed out her bottom lip and crossed her arms over her torso. “We aren’t bugs! Boys are bugs.”

“With cooties!” Phoebe piped in.

“You’re ladybugs, then. Now shoo!”

With inconspicuous giggles, they padded out of the room just as Harry finished his walk down the hallway, leaning against Louis’ door frame. They looked at each other for a few seconds, green meeting blue, until Harry sighed and broke the silence. “You scared me out of my wits whenever you text me, telling me that you need to talk to me about something important. What’s up, babe?” His voice wavered throughout, causing Louis to unwillingly wince.

Louis trailed his fingers down Harry’s arms, curling his short fingers around his wrist and pulling him into the room. He shut the door behind them and beckoned Harry to sit down on his bed as he walked around his room, trying to come up with a way of telling Harry without really telling him. “So, I talked to my mother and . . .”

“You can’t go?”

And the tone of his voice made Louis frown, walking over and standing right in between his legs. “Yeah,” he said softly, carding his fingers through the unruly brown curls -which Harry had gotten a blue streak in because “why the hell not?”- rather slowly, taking the silence from his boyfriend to compose his thoughts. His mother was reluctant, to say the least, and said that she would think about it. But, in the end, it was a definite no because “you’re only 17 years old and your world does not revolve around Harry” and “you have schooling” and “because we are your parents and we said so.” So, now he was here, trying to hold himself together while his boyfriend looked like he was going to break any second, like a ticking time bomb of sadness and Indie music.

Harry stayed quiet for a few minutes time, nuzzling Louis’ hand with his head to get him continue combing his fingers through after he had gotten lost in his thoughts. He hesitated, removing his hand from the curls and crouching down in front of Harry who was watching him curiously. “You alright?”

“I think the question is,” Louis sighed, smiling softly, “are you alright?”

“I mean.” Harry was at a great loss for words, because was he really alright? This was something that he didn’t and still doesn’t think that he could go through alone. But now; now it’s all reality and Louis can’t come with and he just really doesn’t think that he can go through it all without him by his side. “Possibly, I just. Maybe I just- I don’t know. I’ll be alright, yeah? Sooner or, sooner or later.” He stumbled over words, blushing furiously and looking down at his lap, concentrating on anything but the concern in those beautiful cerulean blue eyes.

Louis didn’t respond, just continued running his fingers through Harry’s hair, leaning in and pressing his lips against his cheek. “You will be, I know it. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

**

“Pleasure to meet you, Harry. My name is Merlinda Ballin, I am from going to be your lawyer or this case.”