Chapter 8 - Confessing To You

A/N: Dedicating this chapter to Bettycharmz because I had been having writers block for days, but her comment on the last chapter helped me get inspiration to finish writing this chapter! Thank you, love. Ladies and gentlemen, prepare for the coming of feels. 

Louis leaned into his locker, eyes scanning thoroughly through the book Willow. His eyes widened slightly as he let his teeth slide over his bottom lip.

“Boo.”

“Crap!” Louis jumped, putting the book to his chest as he turned around to face the curly haired boy who had a smug grin playing on his lips. “Wha . . . Harry? My God, Harry!”

“I scared ya,” Harry smirked, shutting Louis’ locker before draping an arm around his shoulder. Louis rolled his eyes, bookmarking his book before perching it under his arm. “Whatever.”

All Harry did was give him a smile as they walked out of the school together. “Oh and I forgot to tell you, I got ungrounded this morning. So maybe we can hang out at your house later?” “Finally I can spend time with you after two bloody weeks, it sounds like a plan. Do you need a ride home?” Harry asked, gazing his eyes down at the feathery haired boy who had a smile plastered on his lips.

“No, I just really want to walk home today. The weather is just lovely.”

Harry nodded, pressing a short-lived kiss to his lips before walking to the parking lot. “Call me later!” Louis nodded before he wandered down the sidewalk, getting out his book and starting to read as he walked.

The window blew in a pleasant breeze, trees rustling from the sudden gush of air which made Louis smile. It was days like these where he enjoyed walking home in silence, nothing to bother him. But the wonderful day wasn’t going to continue because Louis’ thoughts were interrupted by a voice that made his skin crawl.

“Look who’s all alone.”

Mikey.

A breath caught in Louis’ throat and he didn’t dare to look behind him, just continuing to quickly walk forward. He hadn’t dealt with Mikey in weeks and he wasn’t planning on doing so today.

Footsteps padded harshly behind Louis, so the frightened boy clutched his book in his hand and just started to run however far his legs would take him.

“You’re going to get it now, Tomlinson!”

Louis knew if he ran then he’d get it worse, he learned that in the beginning whenever Mikey started the beatings--but he also knew that he could run to Harry’s house. Simple, right?

No. It was far from that. Soon Louis found himself out of breath after a few minutes and collapsed down onto his knees. Legs weary and tired. Man, I really need to start exercising. Louis stared down at the grass, pushing his shaking hands onto it and starting to get up. But his shirt was grabbed and he was lifted off of the ground by someone, before getting pressed up to a tree.

“You know I hate whenever you run from me, Louis . . .” Mikey said with a sickly sweet smile, tutting and shaking his head slowly. “I haven’t gotten a good punch in lately, with Styles protecting you and all. But I don’t see him around, do you?”

And Louis didn’t. Because how could Harry know that Mikey was going to chase after him?

“You like him, don’t you?”

“N-no.” Louis lied right through his teeth.

“Come on, Tomlinson. Man up. Don’t . . .” Mikey grabbed Louis’ chin in a violent manner, forcing the blue-eyed boy to stare into dark chocolate eyes. “ . . . stutter.” He spat, gripping the stubbly chin of Louis more tightly which made him hold back a throaty whimper. “It’s because he’s not a faggot like you.”