Chapter 17 - A Shoulder To Cry On

A/N: Days like this, spending the whole day on my laptop (because I didn't go to school today) makes me miss the good 'ole times of being home schooled. Anyway, please, if you can send out prayers to my friend here on Wattpad, Justan (@JustanLee) then that'd be wonderful. I have no clue how he is right now, he hasn't been on for over 7 hours and that scares me. Just please, pray with me? I love all my little lovelies. And if you ever need to talk to anyone, I'm right here for you. Never forget that. 

“Louis, your mum brou-Louis . . .?” Liam walked into his best friend’s room, lowering the bag of McDonald’s he had gripped in his hand. He saw Louis pacing around the room, absentmindedly tugging at strands of his hair his breathing all but normal. “Are you . . . crying?”

Louis turned around to face Liam, his face red and eyes puffy, nodding as he opened his mouth to speak, but all that came out was a choked sob. He placed his hand on his mouth, shaking his head and facing away from the other.

“Come here,” Liam said quietly and set down the bag of food, walking slowly towards him and turning him slowly. In an instant, they were embraced in a tight hug as Louis let tears fall freely into Liam’s gray tank top.

It was silent in the room for a few minutes, aside from Louis’ sniffles and attempts to calm his crying. Liam led the broken boy over to the bed and set him down, but keeping him in a gentle embrace. “Now, Lou, you have to tell me what’s wrong. Or else I can’t help you . . . I’m not a mind reader, you know. Even if you won't tell me, I'll always be your shoulder to cry on.”

More silence.

Finally, after 5 minutes had passed, Louis shakily wipes his eyes. “It . . . Harry. He, uh,” Louis scratched the back of his neck, blinking away tears that were now sliding down his reddened cheeks. “He cheated on me.”

Liam fell into a silence but his grip tightened on Louis, staring off at one of the bedroom walls. “Harry cheated . . . on you.”

“Yeah, uh, yeah. He pocket-called me and I heard . . . s-some of it.” Louis sniffled, wiping furiously at the tears that kept slipping from his eyes.

But Liam had just thought it was a kiss, and he felt like he wanted to kill his best friend’s boyfriend just for that. Upon hearing Louis say he heard some of it, applying that Harry had had sex with someone else? That had Liam already planning out his death and where he was going to bury the curly haired bloke.

Louis raised his head to look at Liam, seeing his lips pursed together tightly and eyes narrowed, as he stared off into the distance. “L-Liam?” Louis whispered, snapping Liam out of his thoughts about how long he’d get in prison for manslaughter, and looking down to the other that was staring at him with widened, glossy eyes.

He saw that Louis was on the verge of tears again, so Liam pulled him closer. Not even a minute later, he felt the smaller boy’s body shaking while he sobbed. “Shh, it’s alright, Lou. He didn’t deserve someone as wonderful as you. You’re perfect, alright? It’s alright, shh.” Liam started to hum lightly into Louis’ ears as the cries got more vocal.

Louis wanted to scream. 

“I-I don’t know . . . w-what I did wrong.” Louis cried, fisting at Liam’s tank top to try and get as close to him as possible. “I tried to be the best b-boyfriend I could possibly be. What did I-I do wrong?” Louis stuttered while trying to compose himself and calm his crying, but he just started to gasp for air.

“Shit,” Liam said, quickly releasing Louis to get up and run downstairs into the kitchen, where Jay was flipping over a grilled cheese sandwich in a red skillet. “J-Jay, I need a bag. A paper bag.” He said quickly, causing Jay to raise an eyebrow as she turned off the stove and slid the sandwich onto a paper plate. “A paper bag? What for?”