Chapter 7 - Hanging By A Moment

“Louis, wake up.”

Louis groaned, shifting in his place and resting his head back down. “5 more minutes, mum,” he grumbled tiredly.

“I am nowhere near close to being your mum, Lou.” Harry chuckled, getting out of the drivers side of his Audi and walking around to the other side, opening up the car door. “Bear with me now, come on.” He unbuckled Louis’ seat belt, slipping his arms under him and picking him up bridal style. Louis moved a little before resting his head in Harry’s neck, kissing it softly. “I like being carried.”

Harry smirked, shaking his head as he pulled the house key from Louis’ back pocket and quietly unlocked the front door. “Now you have to be quiet, I’m taking you up to your room,” Harry whispered and Louis obliged, not making a sound the way up the stairs. 

After laying Louis down on the bed, Harry started to walk out of the room but stopped in his tracks whenever he heard a whine come from the bed. Slowly, he turned around to see Louis opening up his eyes and reaching his hands out to Harry. “Don’t leave,” Louis mumbled, blinking his eyes a few times to adjust to the darkness in his room.

So, instead of leaving, Harry toed off his shoes and climbed into bed with Louis who instantly cuddled up to him. 

~ * ~

It was 5 AM and Louis and Harry were outside, leaning against the Audi, holding one another. The sun was starting to peak up in the distance, darkness no longer seen but instead it was replaced by different colored oranges and pinks in the sky. A light breeze blew as Louis buried his head in Harry’s chest, shivering slightly. 

“I should go now,” Harry mumbled against Louis’ head, shuffling his feet which made Louis look up at him with tired blue eyes.

“I’ll see you in school?” Louis asked, hope filling his voice and all Harry did was smile and press a kiss to his forehead. “Of course, Lou.”

But neither of the two moved from their spot, Louis kept his arms wrapped around Harry’s torso, and Harry continued to hold Louis tightly against his body. 

Louis felt tired, he felt worn out, and his headache hadn’t changed at all since he took 4 ibuprofen 20 minutes ago--but he honestly didn’t want to let go of Harry. Despite being hungover, he felt wonderful and comfortable in Harry’s arms.

“My mind tells me to leave but my heart is begging me to stay.” 

And Louis couldn’t resist leaning up and kissing Harry’s lips after that was said. Did Harry maybe feel the same way? ‘Maybe he just doesn’t want to show it’ his subconscious chimed in which made a smile play on Louis’ lips as he pulled away from the kiss with Harry. “Why don’t we go out for breakfast?” Louis asked, playing with the hem of Harry’s band shirt.

“What if your parents find out you’re gone?”

“Then so be it. I’m grounded from everything for two weeks, they’ll just extend the grounding. It’s shitty if so happens, because it means less time to spend with you. But it’s 5 in the morning on a Saturday, everyone including my parents sleep in. Please?”

Harry looked down at the boy and smiled, nodding his head. “Does IHop sound good?”

It took only about 10 minutes to get to IHop by driving, and 5 minutes for them to decide on what they wanted to eat.

The two had asked for a booth to which the waitress happily got for them, but they sat on the same side. Louis was leaning against the window with his feet propped up on Harry’s lap, sipping slowly on his Diet Pepsi from a straw. He had so many thoughts running through his mind that he was pondering on about, but was snapped from his trance when hearing Harry speak. “Something on your mind?”

“Just a few things.”

“Care to tell me about those few things?”

No, because they’re about you, idiot.

Louis shook his head, turning his head to look out the window and watch as the sky started to transition into a light blue color. “I like the sunrise and sunset. It’s beautiful because it’s not limited to just one color. Usually two or three; pink, yellow and orange and I find that lovely.” He breathed out with a grin, "and people find so much beauty in it, it's unique like a painting." Whenever Louis turned his head back to face Harry, those beautiful green orbs were already staring back at him. 

Little did Louis know, was that Harry found it awfully fascinating on how Louis took enjoyment in the simplest things in life. Harry found interest in how Louis described the things he liked and he couldn’t resist the urge to lean over and plant a kiss on Louis’ lips.

The waitress came back over, bending over dramatically to set their plates on the table, giving Harry a clear view of her cleavage. But Harry just glanced over to see who it was, gave the lady a polite smile before turning his head back to look at Louis who was once again staring out of the window. 

“Can I get you anything else, darling?” The waitress asked Harry with a flirtatious smile. Louis snapped his head up and stared at the woman who was obviously flirting with his Harry. My Harry, who am I kidding? Louis thought with a sigh.

Harry slowly turned his head to look at the waitress, trying to ignore her actions. “Yes, actually. Betty, is it?” He looked at her name tag then over to Louis who looked rather uncomfortable, so Harry grabbed his hand and held it on top of the table. “Well Betty, Louis over here ordered 2 eggs over easy and these are scrambled. Could you perhaps fix that?”

“A-and can I have some light syrup, please?” Louis asked quietly.

“Of course,” Betty glared at Louis while grabbing his plate, storming off into the back.

It was silent at the table for a few more minutes until Betty came back over, setting down Louis’ plate and light syrup container with force which made him flinch. “Thank you,” Harry said through gritted teeth and lifted up Louis’ hand, kissing his knuckles gently. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. Lets eat, yeah?"

Harry sighed but gave a smile and snaked his arm around Louis' waist, pulling him close. "Sounds   good to me."

A/N: Just a short filler chapter, decided to give you all some Larry fluff before some things  happen in this story and because I love you all!