Chapter 19 - Somewhere Only We Know

A/N: It's almost time to sleep because of school, so I figured I'll update beforehand for all of my lovelies! Enjoy, muah. 

“Go fish.”

“Damnit!”

“Louis, language!”

Louis ducked his head shyly, a blush spreading across his cheeks. “Sorry, mum.” He said quietly, lifting up his head to see Liam sticking his tongue out at him. The two best friends were sitting on the floor, on either side of the mahogany coffee table, playing a card came for 10 year old's.

“Play again?”

“I am so beating your arse this time.”

“Louis!” Jay scolded from the kitchen with a sigh, shaking her head as she carried a colorful plastic tray into the living room, with varieties of snacks on it. It consisted of boneless buffalo bites - the only type Louis would eat -, bags of crisps and mini sandwiches. She also had placed two cans of Coke on it. “Need anything else while I’m up?” Jay asked as she set the tray to the right of the coffee table, making sure she wasn’t getting in the way of Liam passing the right amount of cards to Louis.

The boys shook their head and Jay looked down at her son, who was sitting criss-cross applesauce on the floor, concentrating hard on his cards. He had his black framed glasses on and his hair was messily dishevelled. He looked genuinely happy.

It had been two weeks since the whole ‘Harry cheated on Louis with some stranger’ situation and it had taken a bit, but Louis was starting to get better. His heart was mending, slowly but surely, and he was becoming the old Louis. The fun loving Louis, who had an obsession with getting new records for his record player and making sure he didn’t miss each week's’ new showing of Law and Order: Special Victims Unit.

But Louis had yet to face the cause of his heart break.

~ * ~

Harry sat atop the grassy green hill, knees pulled up close to his chest as his arms were wrapped loosely around his legs. He stared out at the beautiful city lights that the moon shone its light down onto, the stars giving off an occasional twinkle in the dark night sky. He had been back in London for a few days and had came to the spot where he had first taken Louis after he snuck out the second time. They had came there many more times after that, and even once made sweet passionate love under the starry night sky on a blanket, giggling like a couple of schoolgirls who were whispering secrets to each other about their new crush. Or in their case, Harry whispering sweet nothings into Louis ear as he hovered above him, body glistening in sweat in the moonlight as he thrust gently into Louis.

That was a night that was constantly stuck in Harry’s mind, and undoubtedly, Louis’.

It wasn’t the sex or love making that Harry missed, or Louis in his full glory--writhing in pleasure underneath him, no, it wasn’t any of those things. It was the simple things, and the little details Harry took notice of. Like how whenever Louis concentrates very hard on something, his tongue pokes out of the side of mouth. The dark brown freckle, or birth mark, that was in his inner left thigh--to which Harry always placed a kissed on when going down on him. It was the little things that made Harry fall even deeper in love with Louis.

But Harry made a stupid decision that had probably changed his life forever.

Harry wants to go back to the night that he had first took Louis to this hill. He still smiles at the memory.

**

“Wow,” Louis breathed out, looking out at the beautiful sight before him. They were parked on a hill that overlooked the whole city, the lights bright and Louis was in awe. “This is gorgeous.”

Harry had now climbed out of the car, walking up slowly behind Louis and pulling him in close. “I thought you might like. It’s secluded, also. So we have it all to ourselves.”

Louis had a bright smile plastered on his lips as he turned around in Harry’s arms, “all alone?”

“All alone,” Harry repeated, using two fingers to slowly push some hair off of Louis’ forehead. “And we can come here anytime you’d like.”

“Promise?"

“I promise.”

“Pinky promise!”

“Alright, alright.” Harry smiled and stuck his pinky out, linking it with Louis’ own. “I pinky promise.” He then gripped on Louis’ waist and lifted him up which made Louis start a giggling fit. “Put me down!”

**

Just thinking about it made Harry’s heart twist and turn like a grinding gear. Would he ever be able to make more memories like that with Louis? Would he be able to touch the blue eyed lad again, in simple and intimate ways? Would he ever get the chance to express his love towards Louis with words and gestures, and make it all up to him?

No, Harry thought, Louis hates me and he’ll never want to be with me.

Fate knew otherwise.

~ * ~

It was late on a Friday night that Louis stepped into his room and saw that Liam was stuffing his belongings carelessly into his suitcase. It made him chuckle and shake his head, Liam had always been like that. If he was packing to go somewhere, he’d make the bag slightly neat and organized. Re-packing to leave somewhere? That was a whole different story. He’d throw his stuff carelessly into the bag or suitcase, stuff it down and zip it up.

“Hey, almost packed?”

Liam nodded as he struggled to get his suitcase zipped, because of the mound of clothes and other hygienic things. “I’m just having trouble closing this suitcase. Can you come and sit on it for me?”

Louis obliged as he walked over and crawled onto his bed, before plopping down on the suitcase. A few grunts and tugs later, Liam had the suitcase zipped securely, as he sat down next to it with a smile up at Louis. “I’m going to miss you, Lou. We’ll see each other during holiday, yeah?”

“I hope so. You know how my mum is with having to spend holidays with the family. But you are considered a part of the family so I don’t think she’d mind if I came up and visited for a few days.”

“It’s going to suck leaving here, you know? I miss it so much, my friends here . . . but the move we did is going so well, I love it there.”

“Sometime or another I need to go up there to see what is so great about that place. And I need to meet this lovely Danielle that you talk about all of the time.”

“Can do.”

It wasn’t until later that night, and everyone, including Liam was sound asleep without a care in the world. But Louis was sat up against his headboard, all sorts of thoughts swirling through his mind. Liam was leaving tomorrow, and then he’d be friendless once again. He wouldn’t have Harry, and he just wasn’t one to talk to his parents about his problems.

He felt like he was being engulfed in darkness.

And it was suffocating him.

With quiet steps out of his room, down the hall and down the stairs, Louis snatched his car keys from the key holder that was hung up by the front door, and went on his way.

Tears were in Louis’ eyes as he drove closer to the place where he went sometimes to get away from everything--to collect his thoughts and think things over.

Louis slowed down as he pulled onto the hill, seeing another car there which made him furrow his eyebrows. No one knew about this place . . . it was kind of like a secret place, or that's what he considered it. It was his and Harry's spot, only theirs. Somewhere only they knew, and Louis wanted desperately to keep it that way. But the car sure did look familiar. His head lights were dimmed but he could still make out the figure of someone turning to face where the lights were coming from. He pulled up next to the other car and shut off the engine, slowly getting out of his car.

Instantly, his breath caught in his throat as he got a better sight of who was sitting on the hill.

“H-Harry?”