August 9th, 2018 Part Two

Hook's P.O.V

I watched her leave. She had just given me a hug for probably the very last time. She didn't even turn back as she walked away. I could feel myself becoming emotional. My eyes started to water. No. I thought to myself. Pirates don't cry. So I sucked it up and went back to my ship. I would really miss Beth, but I needed to face the fact that she was gone. Forever even.

I sat on the bed downstairs where Bethany used to sleep. I patted the sheets and made the bed. Since I was becoming a bit tired, I decided to try to sleep. I lay my head on the pillow and soon fell asleep.

After about an hour I woke up and thought about everything I had dreamed. How in my dream, Beth and I were running through daisy-filled gardens. I, picking some for her along the way. How we went on a beach trip together in another one of my dreams. She collected so many seashells and rocks. All of them not even able to compare to her beauty. And finally the picnic date. That dream was the best of all. We packed a lunch together, smiled and laughed all afternoon and even shared a milkshake.

I smiled to myself. I missed her so much. I knew I couldn't avoid it. And for the first time in what seemed like forever, I let myself cry.