August 18th, 2018, Part Three

I heard a soft knock on my door. "Go away." I spat. But instead of leaving me alone, the door pushed open, revealing a frowning face I knew too well. "Leave me alone, Hook. I don't want to talk to you. Or anyone for that matter." He shook his head. "Not gonna happen, Beth. We're talking about this. Right here. Right now. We need to get everything straightened out and talk it all out." I sighed. "There's no way I'm getting rid of you, is there?" I asked. "Not until we talk this out." Hook replied firmly. "Fine." I muttered as I looked over at him.

We sat in silence for 10 minutes before Hook spoke up. "Look, I'm sorry. I should have told you that your mother was alive. I never should've kept it from you." I rolled my eyes. "No, you shouldn't have. You knew how much I missed her. And you kept her a secret from me." I snapped. His eyes filled with pain. I frowned. "Hook, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap. That was very inconsiderate of me." He looked back at me. "Don't worry about it, Beth. You're upset. I get that. And I'm so sorry I didn't tell you. I just want to make things right between us." I stood up and walked over to him, wrapping my arms around him.

"All my life I wondered how my mom died, and I ate up the stories people fed me. Now I find out that she didn't even die? I apologize for my behaviour towards you and my mother, it's just a lot to take in right now. And at my wedding?" Hook nodded in understanding. "I get it. I don't expect you to be okay with it. I know it'll take a while for things to settle and for it to set in. And I can wait. We can get through this together. I'm willing to if you are." A tear fell from my eye as I nodded rapidly. I wrapped him in a hug again. "I'm willing to as well." I said into his chest.

I pulled back from our hug as I said "We will have our wedding, Hook, I promise. I want nothing more than to spend my life with you. But first, I need to talk to my mom. Figure everything out." "Of course, love. I'll be here if you need me. And I'll be ready to do anything for you." I smiled as I walked out my bedroom door to find my mom.