Chapter 2

Ash P.O.V.

So this is what Beacon is like. I can see why mother wanted to destroy it.

Pushing my way through people and trying to get to the entrance to the academy isn't my cup of tea, but the yells of annoyance a fairly amusing.

I look around and see 2 girls, Kira Ark and Tsuyoi Senshi embracing. Well, more like Tsuyoi attempting to squeeze Kira to death. I was told to watch out for these two, as well as a few others. I have no doubt I won't have a hard time searching for them.

Already I can see Summer and Garnet Rose have met Jupiter Taurus. This may make things a bit difficult, but I'm not worried.

I head through the doors to the stage where the headmaster Ozpin and Glynda are standing. I feel Glynda's eyes glare into mine, but I shoot daggers at her, and she looks away.

When will this ever start? All students are here, except the idiots who lost their way here.

As if on que, Ozpin begins his speech. "I want to welcome you all to Beacon. As I'm sure you've heard, we have some very special students attending Beacon this year. From now on, you represent this prestigious academy, as well as hope for all mankind. You have proven yourselves worthy to protect this world from the creatures of grimm, as well as many other evil forces trying to kill us all. But for now, we are in a state of peace, and I would like it to remain that way."

Yes, 'special'. And this world will not be peaceful for long. Not if I can help it.

This time it is Glynda who speaks, "Students will be given dorms and teams in the morning. In the meantime, I suggest you follow our staff to where you will be sleeping for tonight. Feel free to explore, but we have a strictly reinforced curfew that will be followed. Once again, I will welcome you all to Beacon Academy."

She and the headmaster walk off the stage and into an elevator. All the students funnel into a room, that by the blueprints I saw, is one of the biggest rooms at the academy.

I should follow them. No need to attract attention if this is to work.

I do follow them, but I still take the time to trip and shove students, resulting in a few fist fights to break out. I keep walking as I smirk to myself, leaving the teachers and staff to handle it.

I find a secluded corner and roll out my sleeping bag. I scan the room, seeing the boys mostly shirtless and flexing, while a select few have shirts or onsies. The girls have crop tops, tank tops or nightgowns on. Some look at me weirdly, others back off, for good reason.

Only one person is brave, or stupid enough, I can't tell, to come and attempt to talk to me.

"Hi!" She chirps shyly. "Hello," I answer staring at her. She looks uncomfortable under my gaze, but she still lays her sleeping bag down. "I'm Silk. Silk Daichi. What's your name?" Silk holds out her hand to shake. I don't answer and keep staring at her. Silk slowly let's her hand down and lays back on the sleeping bag.

"It's Ash Torchwick," I speak up. She immediately turns toward me and I could see her jaw drop.

"So you're Cinder's daughter? No wonder everyone's scared of you. I overheard the teachers, even they're scared," She giggles. I swear she is the most trusting person in the world. But trust is a double edged sword.

"Not suprising. I tend to intimidate people. A lot." I tell her.

"So what do you think will happen tomorrow? With the teams and the dorms and I also heard Ozpin launches people off a cliff. Do you think it's true?" She asks.

"I'm not sure. I just hope I'm on a good team, and the dorms here are all the same. And yes, he does basically throw us off a cliff." I smile slightly, as I can tell she is influenced easily.

"Oh. Well, I hope it isn't too bad. And I hope we end up on a team together. It would be nice to have a friend, even though that friend is thought to be evil."

Thought to be evil? I'm insulted.

"Looks can be deceiving."

"Yep. Well I'm going to sleep, goodnight." Silk yawns and blows out the candle she brought, throwing the room into darkness.

"Goodnight."

*~*~*~*~*~*

Sorry for not updating! I ran out of ideas, plus working on other things and then there's school and ugh. Why must they torture me like this? Anywho, I have to go and check YouTube. See you later hunters and huntresses!