Chapter 9

Kira P.O.V.

Gods, how did this even happen? What triggered it? Tsuyoi is going to kill me once I get out of here. How many are there? 10...20...30... Eh, not as many as last time, but still enough to be a pain.

I kept shooting arrows at the Grimm, but I knew they wouldn't hurt me. They would hurt any other person though. I heard explosions and gunshots from outside. At least I'm not the only one fighting these things.

Suddenly all the other Grimm except the King Taijitu left the pile, and the others just constricted the space. I hope the people outside can handle it.

Where is the cliché escape route I can take to get out of here?

I looked up to see a hole at the top getting bigger and smaller in rhythm.

There it is.

If I time it right, I should be able to get out. Or at least up for a few seconds. Anything works.

I crouched and timed the biggest and smallest openings, and jumped. I flew straight up and out into open air. Spinning around, I see some people I knew, some I didn't. I hovered in the air for long enough to get the breath knocked out of me.

I felt an explosion right behind me, "Sorry Geff's friend!" Did she just shoot at me?!

I unceremoniously face-planted in the dirt. I could already hear the King Taijitu uncoiling and coming towards me again. Sorry, I'm not being trapped by them again.

I rolled over and shot at the nearest one with Artemis. The arrow went straight down the King Taijitu's throat, and pinned it through the flesh to the ground. Another slithered out of the stillwriggling body of the Grimm. The arrow scraped the bottom of thesecond one, carving a slit down the belly. Both collapsed and turned to dust.

I jumped forward and split my weapon into their dagger form. I spun around one of the Grimm and cut around the neck, jumping and spinning with my arms out. I sliced through several, not a very happy experience. A blur of brown flew above me, followed by red and white.

"Fina-freakin-ly! It's about time you came out of that hellhole of Grimm!" Tsuyoi yells and cuts down another King Taijitu near me. "You stole my language, and I'm sorry!" My best friend just shook her head and tried to shoot the Grimm behind her without looking, but overshot and almost hit Choc.

He yelped and jumped back, "Watch where you're shooting! I'm not bulletproof here!" Tsuyoi looked like someone insulted her weapon. "That was going to be awesome and you know it!" She yelled as she cut through another few Grimm. I had an idea.

"Tsuyoi! Maneuver seven!" Tsuyoi nodded and weaved her hands together. "Wait, what's maneuver seven?!" The boy in white piped up. "Choc, get your butt over here!" Tsuyoi ordered. She can be like an Atlas teacher when she wants to be.

I stepped on her hands and she threw me up with Choc right on my tail. Slamming Artemis together I shot at the six King Taijitu left on the ground. I switched to my explosive arrows and apparently Choc changed to explosive bullets as well. One of the Grimm had the bright idea of leaping up and shooting out the second King Taijitu from the mouth. Choc and I shot into the mouth, and the middle exploded and the first fell to the ground.

The boy in white sliced the Grimm as soon as it hit the ground. I'm pretty sure this person is Garnet, I don't know anyone else to wear all white. Tsuyoi seems to know him, so I'll trust him for now.

"Does anyone have any Dust?" Choc yelled over the wind. I shook my head and reloaded my bow. All the dust I have is inside the arrows, and combined with the metal they're made of.

"Here!" Who I'm guessing is Garnet threw four red Dust crystals at Choc, he grabbed and slammed them into a slot in his gauntlets.

Choc landed on the ground while I kneeled on a nearby tree branch. He backed toward the base of my tree.

A King Taijitu tried to wind itself up the tree, but Garnet sliced through the neck, and that was the last of them.

The remaining Grimm quickly noticed the cloud of smoke from the fallen Snake Grimm. Some wiser Grimm backed away and retreated, but most stayed and fought.

We all looked to each other but didn't say anything. We all knew what was on our minds, and it would have to wait until later.

"Anyone need to restock before we start fighting again?" Garnet broke the silence. "Tsuyoi? Bandages?" She looked at the many minor cuts on her skin, "I've had worse. Kira?"

I looked myself over, I wasn't as hurt as the others, but I had a knack for getting dizzy at the worst times. Holding my hand out, it was mostly steady, as little shaking as you could get hyped up on adrenaline.

"Good, Choc?" He was smiling, and looked at his gauntlets. "Maybe more ammo, but other than that," Choc pulled out more rounds and slid them into his weapon.

"Ready?" Garnet tensed slightly, and I knew then that he would probably be the leader of a team. Knowing Ozpin, probably the four of us.

The rest of us nodded and got into battle positions. Tsuyoi shot off first, followed by Choc, Garnet, and me last. I think I'm going to like these guys.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hi! So I think this explained who created the pyramid of Grimm. I'm wondering, who thought it was someone or something different? Don't worry, I have plans for every character in this book. Some bigger or smaller than this. Until the next chapter, see you later Hunters and Huntresses!