Chapter 12

Summer P.O.V.

"Ta-Dah!" May, AKA Sugar Rush, shouted as she threw open the door. The rest of team GJMS looked into the bland dorm room where we would spend the next few years in.

"Well this is disappointing," Jupiter's tail was down, not curled up slightly like it usually is. "This is a dorm room, not an elegant Atlas ballroom," Stated Geff. She had a point, but I was still hoping for something with a little more room from the infamous Beacon Academy. 

The beds were already set up in the room, as well as a two person desk. Our things were set up in different corners of the room, with one of Jupiter's bags towering above the rest. 

What in the world could he have possibly packed to take up that much space?! It looks the size of an Ursa!

"Um, Jupiter, do you think you could maybe get rid of a few things? I don't think we'll have enough room to fit all of your belongings..." Geff said somewhat hesitantly. "Yeah! What the heck is in that bag anyways? Ooh, is it a weapon? Or a stack of pancakes? Or is it a really big stuffed animal?!" May had attached herself to the side of the bag, crawling on it to see inside. 

Jupiter looked terrified, "No no no no no no no no no, get down!" He jumped on the bag with May and gripped her arms to keep her from unzipping the yellow and white bag. May, however, is much stronger than Jupiter. She pinned him down, yelling, "Open the bag!" 

"I don't think you should-" "On it!" I yelled rushing forward. I jumped to reach the zipper and caught it, using my body weight to pull it down. Suddenly a bright mix of neon colors came toppling on top of me. Are these...?

"Pool floaties!?"

"This is what you were hiding?!"

My head popped out of the enormous pile of pool mattresses, noodles, and everything else imaginable to keep someone from drowning. 

I wonder where he got it from...

"I realize you inherited a fear of water from your father, and want to stay as far away from it as possible, but this is a bit ridiculous," Geff commented while shaking her head. A knock sounded at the door behind us, and a monotone voice saying, "Coming in."

The door opened and Ash, Silk, Bryan, and Sasha walked in with stunned looks on their faces. "I'm scared to ask exactly what happened, but we just finished setting up and heard, uh, this," Bryan explained. 

"Yeah, so Hydrophobic Monkey over here decided to bring a huge bag with him filled with, as we found out, pool floaties." I looked over at the said Faunus. His face was a bright red down his neck and even his ears. Adorable.

I noticed May had started to count all the contents of his bag. "Could you possibly help us with this? I'm not sure who would take these, so if you want any, feel free to take as many as you want," Geff offered. "Eighteen noodles, nine mattresses, twelve rings, and twenty-four arm floaties" Came a shout. 

Silk perked up a little, "I can make something with all of those if you would like? We can just hang it out of the window while I work on it, so it won't be a problem." She looked to Jupiter for approval. "What would you even make out of all of these? How would you do that?" Asked Sasha. The bunny Faunus was bouncing on her toes at the idea of doing something with the floaties. 

Weird kid.

"I could probably make a really big ring, or a huge noodle, or even a..." Silk was then promptly pushed out of the room by an annoyed Ash. 

"Just drop them off later and we'll see what we can do. Might have to restrain Silk to the bed for tonight though. Or get Ash and Silk in the same bed. whatever works." Sasha waved at us as she walked out he door.

Bryan just stood awkwardly in the doorway. "Um, yeah. See you guys tomorrow." Bryan said, and walked out. We turned around to look at the pile of pool floats.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do with theses? No? Me neither. I mean, we could just throw them out of the window...

And that's when May started to do just that.

"What are you doing?! Miss Goodwitch is gonna kill you!" I yelled. Jupiter smirked, "No she won't. Look." She pointed to the window. The pool floats were... floating up?

"No worries guys, this used to be team CRDL's dorm, so there's an area-" "Where Jaune and Pyrrha trained! The pictures are so cute!" May looked so happy she could burst at any second. 

I raised an eyebrow, "I'm guessing you're using your semblance?" Geff had to push one floatie that was stuck in the window, "Yes. Anti-gravity, correct?" Jupiter looked a little freaked out at that. "Um, yeah...how did you know?" 

"Oh yeah, Geff always does research on anyone who comes into Beacon, especially whoever she thought her teammates were!" May said. The last of the floats went up and out of the room, and we all flopped on the beds.

With this girl as our leader, we might survive the year. Still, researching us? A little creepy, but I should have expected something like this. After all, she is Ozpin's daughter.

I looked up at the shattered moon through the window. This year should be interesting.

Meanwhile...

A blur moved silently through the halls of Beacon Academy. Panting slightly, they exited the dorms into the dark courtyard. Seeing a cloaked figure, they ran toward it. They both spoke in hushed whispers, "How did it go?"

"As expected. What about your end?"

"Successful. Will he be ready?"

"He might be resistant, but there won't be any trouble. Any information on Ironwood's experiment?"

"Prototypes are in the making, but it will be a long time before it is actually distributed to the public. That will give us more time to organize our allies."

"Alright. You go back to your team, I'll report this to the higher-ups. You remember when to report next, right?"

"Yes, now go. I don't want to get caught and raise red flags."

One figure ran back to the dorms, the other to a ledge next to the airship landing pads. They turned to look at the prestigious school, took a breath, and fell.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So how was that? All will be explained soon, just be on the lookout for foreshadowing! Thanks to AlwaysEpic for finally bugging me into publishing this chapter. See you later!