Chapter 10

Choc P.O.V.

I jumped over Garnet, barely brushing his hair, and smashed the ground with my gauntlets. The ground erupted and created a crack enough to make several Grimm fall over and split a tree. May was launched into the air and brought her axe down on a Nevermore with a, "Wheeee!"

Well that's one way of doing things. I guess...

The Nevermore fell, and a boy with blue hair cut it's wings off before it hit the ground. Kira pushed off from the body and jumped from Grimm to Grimm, shooting and helping the others if they got too close. I can tell we'll be friends, maybe-

"Hey Chocolate Bar! You just gonna stand there like an idiot or fight?!" A girl with a grey dress and kinda poofy hair yelled. I snapped out of my thoughts. Kira finally landed behind me as we stood back-to-back. I smiled.

This is going to be fun.

She aimed directly above us. An arrow shot into the sky and exploded into sparks. The sparks moved toward the remaining Grimm. They sliced through the Nevermore first, and they fell one by one. It was kinda poetic to be honest.

What is that?! A messed up version of jump rope?!

I saw a rope swinging around the ruins and jumped. At the end of it was a ball of fire, being swung around by a rabbit Faunus. "Sorry about that!"

Is that a person? I knew the people here are insane, but this is ridiculous.

The human(?) fireball crashed into the fallen Nevermore, a few Ursa, and a Boarbatusk. The Grimm tumbled back into the reach of May and the girl with poofy hair. The girls made quick work of them, and we all jumped again as the rope came around again. By this time there were maybe seven Grimm left.

One Beowolf looked at all the black dust from the remnants of it's group, and it turned tail and ran. That left six.

The rabbit faunus swung the rope and fireball up into the air. Looking over I could see a small smile, like she knew something. I felt so much heat from above me my arm hairs were probably singed. The fireball was getting bigger and hotter by the second. All the Hunters, Huntresses, and Grimm were transfixed by the giant flame.

Suddenly, the fiery mass started shooting smaller balls of flame. They set the Grimm on fire, but we managed to avoid them with only a few burned edges. The howls were louder than ever as the Grimm collapsed to the ground, still on fire. We looked up to see a girl with red hair turning to grey at the roots landing silently on the ground. I could tell she was trouble, but the Faunus swinging her around seemed to trust her. Still...

"I suggest we take the relics an head back soon, unless we want to be attacked again," The headmaster's daughter spoke up. She came around to all of the new students and talked to us at one point or another, that's how I know her. We all walked up to the now empty temple, and there were small pillars coming from the ground, and on top of them was... Dust crystals?

Well, it had to be something. Might as well be Dust.

There were only the primary types of Dust, so no ice or steam. Fire, water, air, earth, lightning, and gravity crystals were all lined up. I walked over to Kira, "So which one should we pick?" She looked over the Dust, and started walking to the left side. So either water, lightning, or gravity. "You have to help me with this, I'm thinking gravity or water. What do you think?"

I hummed. "Water. Definitely. I mean, if that's OK with you?" I quickly added. Why do I have to act like an idiot in front of her of all people?!

Kira picked up the water Dust crystal and smiled, "I guess we can take this one... especially considering the rest have been taken," We looked around at the others.

The rabbit Faunus was fawning over the fire Dust while the Fire Girl watched the others as well. Tsuyoi and the boy in white we were fighting with earlier had picked the earth Dust, and the boy with blue hair and a girl who looked like Ruby Rose. Geff and who I'm guessing is May was posing with the wind Dust crystal, something about castles. A cat Faunus was bickering with the girl with poofy hair about dropping the lightning Dust crystal.

"I think it's time to head back to Beacon before it gets dark. And no ribbons," Bryan pointedly said. I'm not going to question it. We all nodded in agreement before turning the way we came. Coincidentally, towards the setting sun.

I can already tell this is what its going to be like for the next four years. And I'm OK with that.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hi! So the forest is finally over with, and next chapter is teams and dorms. I wonder how this will turn out... We shall see. See you later Hunters and Huntresses!