Chapter 3: Maybe Friends???

Valentina's POV

(3 Week Later)

I walked into my work building wearing gray skinny jeans, a hot pink V-Neck cut t-shirt, and hot pink Toms. I left my hair out and it was curled down my back, behind a white head band. My assistant Lucy came up to me and smiled.

"Someone had three dozen roses, an Edible Arrangement, a box of Ghirardelli gourmet chocolate, and a giant teddy bear sent to you. I didn't check who it was from but, there is a card." She said. I was speechless at this point. Who sent all of this? I made my way to my office and when I opened it up, there was all these gifts. I put my purse down and walked up to one of the rose vases. I picked up the card.

"Actions speak louder than words, but roses cry louder than daisies. I'm sorry for putting you through so much these last few weeks. It takes time to fix a broken bone, but even longer to fix a broken heart. Forgive me.

-B. Mars <3"

My jaw nearly dropped to the ground in shock and my face turned red. I couldn't help but blush. Did he really send all of this stuff? I couldn't say anything. There was a small knock on the door. "Come in." I said. Elyse walked in.

"So, who's it from?" She asked as she munched a grape from the Edible Arrangement. I handed her the card and hid my face. I couldn't let Elyse see my crimson colored face. I'd never live it down. She already thinks I love him. Which is impossible. 

"B.Mars? Hold up. BRUNO Mars sent you all of this?!!" She nearly shouted in excitement. I nodded looking at my feet. She let out a loud, startling laugh.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked and chuckled. She was laughing so hard tears fell from her eyes.

"I knew this would happen. Bruno is that guy that will try to prove he is sorry by buying gifts. He tried to apologize but obviously, you didn't accept right on the spot. Which is why the card says actions speak louder than words." She exclaimed. It took me a few seconds to actually understand her logic. I nodded slowly.

"Oookay?" I said and turned to my desk.

"Okay. I'll let you get to work. Bye." Elyse said and walked out. I was looking for my favorite pen when I came across a CD. It had a gorilla romantically holding a jukebox. The CD was called Unorthodox Jukebox. On the CD, there was a hot pink sticky note. 

"I know you don't like pop or Bruno Mars, but give it a chance. You can hear me in the background. Lol.

-Love Phil"

I scoffed a little. Really Phil? You know I dislike his music, and yet you gift me this monstrosity of a CD? Just great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bruno's POV

2:45 PM

"Good Afternoon Ms.Diamond." I said as I greeted Valentina at the door. She smiled a little.

"Good Afternoon Mr.Hernandez." She replied as she entered the house. It was still clean from when she cleaned it up a few weeks ago. It would've been rude if I invited the Hooligans over and threw a party like always.

"I made lunch." I said with a huge and genuine smile. She looked back at me with a confused and surprised look on her face.

"Really?" She replied and walked into the kitchen. She sat at the table and smiled. "So, where is it?" She asked and looked around. I opened up the microwave and pulled out the small pepperoni hot pocket.