26. "Good."

" Robin?"

" Hmm."

" Do you think you'd wear something like that, on like, your actual wedding day?" Zayn was currently seated on the ground, outside the mirrored dressing room, where Robin was trying on the wedding dress for final adjustments. Louis being in there, to fit her in, and make sure all measurements were correct and all that, but she completely rejected Zayn's presence, saying something about it being bad luck or something.

" Well, I would say so, yeah."

" Do you think I'll be there? You know, on your wedding day?"

" I would sure hope so." He could almost picture her, smiling to herself, probably shyly biting on her bottom lip, to prevent her smile from widening any further. He would have loved to actually see that.

" Maybe I'll walk you down the aisle or something."

" Or wait for me down the aisle."

" That would work too... That sounds really good actually."

" Yeah?"

" Yeah." Her laughter filled the air, filling it with all that was joyful, happy, and genuine, and he found himself smiling at the mere sound.

" Who'd be your maid of honor?"

" Probably Louis." Louis literally squealed at that, earning an eye roll from Zayn, who was suddenly glad he didn't have to witness Louis' reaction first hand.

" Can I make a speech?"

" Sure."

" Sing a song?"

" Why not?"

" Will you pick the color of my tie to match the decorations? Or will I choose my tie's color and then we can match the decorations to that?"

" Whatever you like, Louis." Robin's voice was highly amused, as she patiently replied to Louis' persistent questions, and Zayn found himself detecting every high in her voice, every low, every octave it settled on, all the little quirks that made it Robin's voice. It was so soothing, so tender and kind, and he was definitely content with the thought of hearing that for the rest of his life.

" I'll design the groom's suit and the bride's dress, it'll be the biggest wedding of the decade!"

" Don't forget your own suit. And Niall's. And Liam's." Robin noted, and Louis erupted into claps, jumping in place slightly, stepping on the tail of Robin's dress, causing her to collapse onto the ground.

" Jesus Christ, Louis!" She hissed, as he attempted to help her up.

" What the hell happened in there?" Zayn questioned, attempting to push the door opened, but Robin had it locked.

" Overly excited Louis over here, almost ruined the goddamn dress, and broke my neck."

" Don't be dramatic, Robin, it was a few inches long fall, you wouldn't even have broken a nail." Louis scoffed, and Zayn laughed slightly, shaking his head to himself, before returning to his previous position on the ground. It was quiet for a while, except for Robin's occasional "ow"s, whenever Louis poked her with the pins.

" Robin?"

" Zayn?"

" Did you ever have that talk with Harry?" He heard her releasing a sigh, as he awaited her response.

" If I'm being honest, multiple times, yes."

" Oh."

" I never meant it with him though."

" How so?"

" It's like, I knew that was it; all that would ever happen with Harry, all we'd ever be, is that cautious, safe, somewhat unhealthy relationship. I knew it would never move any further, it would never go anywhere. He deserved better, and I was waiting for him to realize that." He took a minute or two to process her words, considering what to say next.

" Good."

" Good?" She laughed.

" Yeah, good. Because now, you can mean it with me, and we can like, actually do it, and go somewhere with this, you know."

" You're something else, Zayn." She laughed again, and God, did he want to see if her eyes had crinkled or not, and if her nose had scrunched up slightly, or if she had had to bite down on her tongue to stop her laughter from reforming into obnoxious cackling.

" I really want to see you in that dress." He pouted, even though he knew she couldn't see him.

" And you will. In the launching. In a week."

" But I want to see it now!" He whined, just as the door opened. He thought she had finally given in, but then, she walked out, in her daily attire, only now, her hair was pulled upwards in a semi-bun. As soon as she saw the disappointment taking over his features, she couldn't help but giggle, leaning in, brushing her lips against his. He didn't cooperate at first, arms against his chest, lips formed into a thin line, but then she took his bottom lip between her own, biting down ever so slightly, and he lost all resistance, kissing back, his arms moving to hold her head to his. Louis moved behind them, retrieving the dress and taking it back to the workshop to put the final touches.

" Leave that shit for the honeymoon!" He called, walking out the changing rooms, causing them to laugh into one another's mouth, before he rested his forehead against hers, and she laid her hands on his chest.

" I really like you, Zayn." She breathed.

" Good."

" Good?"

" Yeah, good, because I like you too." She could tell from the smirk that had taken over his features, that this would be their thing now. He then leaned down for a tender peck, and she gratefully returned it, sinking into the pure bliss that was their tangled figures.

______________________________________________________________________

A/N: A few more cute rayn moments before all hell breaks loose, so brace yourselves guys.

let me know what you thought of this :)

ily x