Just Go!

Things seemed to go back to normal after that night. If Zaden ever went to Victor to ask about Elias I wasn't sure because he never said anything more about it. Something I was grateful for as well, considering I wanted nothing to do with the man. In my opinion it would have been better if he had never come back at all, but I should have known that would never happen. I was happy now. I had Zaden, I had Sabian and Annalee and I had friends that loved and cared for me. Hell I even had my own business. What else could I possibly need? It was all going to smoothly for that little blip to have happened so it shouldn't have surprised me to come out of my office late one night when I was heading home to find Elias leaning on his elbows against my counter talking to my newest employee. The male server that Zaden had sent my way and it was obvious they were talking about me because poor innocent David smiled and waved me over.

"Speak of the devil and he shall appear. Your friend is here Jacq."

I forced a smile to David as I grabbed Elias by the arm and dragged him to the front of the restaurant. "What they hell are you doing here?"

"I heard you had opened up a place so I had to see it for myself." he said with a simple shrug as if there was nothing wrong with that.

"You have no business here I want you to leave." I growled.

"You sound so sincere Lynn." he muttered with a frown as he cupped my cheek gently. I jerked away my anger soaring at the nerve of this man.

"Don't!"

"Lynn-"

"No! I have had enough of you. You had your chance and you left me! Not the other way around so don't come back and pretend like you don't understand my hatred for you!"

Flinching he shook his head. "You don't hate me Lynn."

"Don't tell me how to feel. I don't want you here and I don't need you here! I've moved on, its time you do the same!" I snarled as I attempted to storm away once more, praying that he took the hint this time. He caught my arm jerking me to look at him.

"Moved on? Have you mated?" he demanded. I didn't give him the satisfaction of an answer, instead tore away and stormed out to my car. Shaking  with the anger burning in my blood. I couldn't believe the nerve of him! How on earth could he possibly believe that he could just disappear for three and a half years and then come back as if there were nothing wrong, as if everything will go back to normal and no time would have passed?

 It didn't make my night any better to come home and find that Zaden still wasn't home. In fact it almost made me worry considering he almost never worked later than I did. Going inside I found Ely curled up on the couch sound asleep with the menu of a movie flickering over and over on the television screen. Smiling I walked over to gently shake her as I crouched in front of her.

"Ely. Ely come on hunny you can go home now." I said gently as she opened he eyes and looked at me as if she were confused as to where she was. I was thankful Zaden hadn't taken them with him after all.

"Jacq? Oh. I'm sorry I didn't mean to fall asleep."

"Don't worry about it. You were here later than normal. You can go home now if you wish. Or you know the guest bedroom is always open for you to stay." I offered and she nodded.

"Yeah. It's late I'm exhausted. I think I'll just leave in the morning."

"Okay. Not a problem. Are the twins asleep?" I asked as we headed toward the stairs.

"Yeah, they have been down for the count since about eight, but I'm worried about Annalee." she explained as she paused to stare at me and I frowned. "She doesn't wake up crying, but she makes noises in her sleep. It makes me think she is having a nightmare."

"She does this often?"

"No. Not at all. Just every now and then like most kids. Tonight is just one of those nights." she explained.

"All right. I'll check on her." I said just as I heard a quick rapping on the door. I frowned. It was way too late for anyone to just be dropping by. Looking to Ely she was frowning to and moved to head down the stairs.  "No. I'll get it. Go upstairs and get to bed."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure. I'll be up to check on everyone in a moment." I explained as I made my way back to the door and eased it open. As soon as it was wide enough he shoved through and strode straight into my living room. I snarled as I slammed the door and followed Elias. "What the fuck do you think you are doing? You are not welcome here Elias!"

"I want answers Jacqlynn! And I want them now. I deserve them!"

"You don't deserve shit!"

"Are you mated?"

"Yes! I am mated and I love him!" He flinched once more and shook his head as he speared his fingers through his hair, gripping it tightly.

"I don't believe it. You always loved me."

"You left me!"

“Are the twins mine?!”

"NO!"

"I don't believe that either!" He snapped.

"You know I don't care what you do or do not believe. Sabian and Annalee are not yours and would never be yours. I am mated and I love Zaden and he loves me. You left and I moved on. I'm sorry you can't accept that but I want you gone. I want you to just leave and I don't want you to come back!"

"Jacqlynn-"

"Just leave Elias!" I snapped as I held the door open to him. Finally after a long stretch of silence between us he sighed in defeat and slowly made his way outside of the house. The minute he touched the porch I slammed the door shut and I leaned into it.