Just To Much

I felt my knees give from beneath as my heart ached, but Z caught me, crushing me to his chest as I let out a quiet cry. It was the only sound any of us made after Vane bomb of a statement. I wouldn’t be allowed to see the twins for a week? A whole week? The most I had ever been separated from them had been on nights they spent with their grandparents to give us time alone. That had only been one, two days tops, and I had always been able to call and speak with them. This time there would be nothing. No way to check on them.

“I’ll tell you what.” Vane spoke startling me.” When these two come tomorrow and are getting their blood work done I will take you to see them little mother.” I looked to him quickly in disbelief, praying harder than I ever had that he wasn’t lying.

“Are you sure Vane?” Victor asked quietly as if reading my thoughts.

“Technically it is only the males who are to be refrained from interfering seeing as it is them who are in questions. There is no question as to whether or not those are her pups. So yes. I will take her to see them and they will remain under my supervision of course.”

“With no disrespect Master. I would like to oversee the visit as well.”

Vane chuckled. “I would think you’re irresponsible otherwise.” Irresponsible? Was I in some kind of danger being her? Were the twins? Vane let out another chuckle as his gaze shifted to me this time. “This is a place of mostly unclaimed males little mother. So it is no place for a woman such as you. Especially with you being pregnant.”

I felt my cheeks begin to burn and turned back into Z. I would see the twins tomorrow, I could be strong until then. I’d have to be because once the blood tests were over this whole ordeal would be done and they would be back home where they belonged. I would probably never let them out of my sight again, and if I did it wouldn’t be for a long, long time.

“Thank you Master Vane.” Z rumbled. “You have been very helpful. We owe you more than you could ever imagine.”

“I wish things didn’t have to be this way. I truly do. But the best we can do now is go home and rest. I imagine it is going to be a long week. I’ll see you two here at twelve sharp.” He said and I heard him stride off. We all stood for a long stretch of time. Not able to stand the silence I looked to Zaden.

“Can we go home? Please?” I pleaded quietly.

“Of course baby.” He said pressing his lips to my forehead. Leaning into him once more I felt him lean down to lift me into his arms bridal style. Normally I would have complained, would have fought him, but right now I just didn’t care. I was exhausted, physically, and mentally to the point that I just couldn’t fight anymore. The last thing I remembered was Z carrying me out.