He Has No Choice

As soon as Zaden got me home he had me stripped and in a bath as hot as I could stand it before slipping off downstairs to make me something to eat. As I laid there in the tub letting tense muscles and knots begin to loosen, I let the past few days run through my mind over and over. At this point I had done all that I could do. I had gone to the Council, gone to Victor, found out as much information as I could, hell Zaden and Elias had given the samples for the test, what more could there possibly be? I had even been able to check on the twins and see with my own eyes that they were safe and healthy. I could take this next week knowing that I had done everything humanly possible. I’d be alright, I’d be strong for Zaden, for the twins and for our new pup. Running my hands over my stomach I smiled, our pup, as unintentional as it was I couldn’t help but be happy over this baby. I had been an only child growing up so I had always wanted a large family. I had no doubt Zaden was ecstatic as well. Taking a deep breath I felt all of the stress dissolve away as I closed my eyes and let myself drift into peaceful darkness.

“Baby….Baby, come on. It’s time to get up.” Zadens voice drew me out of darkness as I jerked in surprise at the feeling of gentle hands touching me. Looking around I found him crouching in front of me with that smirk of his as he reached to pull me out of the tub that was now filled with water that had cooled long ago.

“I must have dozed off.” I murmured as I allowed myself to be pulled to my feet so I could rub my hands over my face.

“It’s alright. Come eat and then we will head to bed.”

The sound of food was no longer as appealing as it had been when we had arrived at our home. Grimacing I shook my head, “I’m not hungry. I just want to go to bed.” I said clutching at the thick fluffy bathrobe he had just wrapped around me.

“You’re eating Jacqlynn. You haven’t eaten anything since breakfast and that isn’t good for you.” He said his voice taking that commanding, don’t argue with me, tone.

Rolling my eyes I shook my head, “I am a big girl you know.”

“I know that rather well thank you.” He teased with a very male smile.

“Perv.”

He gasped in mock offense. “I am no such thing!”

“You go ahead and tell yourself that baby.”

“Go get dressed evil woman, and then come downstairs. If you aren’t down in five minutes I’ll be back up to drag you down.”

“All right, all right. I’ll be down.” I said shooing him away. Pressing a quick kiss to the top of my head he disappeared from the bathroom. Smiling, I headed to the bedroom searching my dresser for my favorite pair of flannels I had stolen from him when we had first gotten mated, and a simple black tank top. I found my phone and dialed the number to my restaurant quickly.

“Jacqlynn. How may I help you?”

“Hi David.”

“Jacqlynn! It’s so good to hear from you! How are you?”

“I’m all right. How have things been going?”

“Great actually. Vic sent over his secretary to run things until all of this has blown over. So things have been running smooth as ever!” It shouldn’t surprise me that everyone in the pack would know by now what had been going on but it startled me a little for David to be so blunt about it. As if he knew all of the facts.

“Good. I will probably be by to check on things soon.”

I heard him chuckle. “I have no doubt that you will try. Let’s see if that mate of yours lets you out of his sight long enough. I hope to see you soon.”

“Jacqlynn!” I heard Zaden call up the steps and smiled shaking my head, David had no idea just how right he was.

“Yeah. I’ll hopefully see you guys soon.” I said hanging up and stomping my way to my very demanding mate.

 “There you are. Good, you had about five more seconds.”

“I called the restaurant.”

“Oh. Vic said he was sending someone over to run things for you.”

“He did. And apparently things are working out extremely well.” I said as I sat down in front of the massive amount of food he placed onto my plate. My stomach roared commandingly and I immediately appreciated his persistence.

“Good. I’m glad to hear that.” He said as he sat across from me with a knowing smile, rolling my eyes I turned my attention back to my food. As I ate in silence, however, I realized he hadn’t touched a thing on his own plate. Looking to him I found him studying me as if trying to decide on something, so it was clear there was something on his mind that he wanted to talk about but he wasn’t sure just how to go about it. Setting my fork down I looked to him with a raised brown and he let out a deep sigh, leaning back in his chair he met my eyes, his swirled with confusion. “There is something that we need to talk about baby.”

“What’s wrong now?” I demanded feeling my heart dropping to my stomach, what more could there possibly be?

“I talked to Vic today.”

“About?”

“He is calling the pack together tomorrow night. He had to give them the right to decide whether or not Elias is allowed to come back.”

“What?”

“He doesn’t have a choice baby.”

“Since when?”

“He has committed no crime Jacqlynn. I understand why you feel this way. I do, but his act was against you not the pack. His hands are tied and Elias knows his rights.” Zaden was right, Vic was right, it was the packs decision not mine. I was going to have to just avoid him. I don’t think that I would ever forgive him for what he had put my family through because of his inability to listen but if the pack decided to give him another chance then I would have no choice but to be civil with him at least at the pack gatherings.

“Do we have to attend?”

“I have to. My vote is absolutely necessary.” He explained. “And I would like for you to attend with me.” I chewed this over. I didn’t particularly want to go, but I doubted Zaden or Vic for that matter, would really let me bail, not after yesterday.

“How are you going to vote?”

“I’d rather have him close, where we are able to keep our eyes on him and a tight leash on him. I want him here.” He growled and I felt my stomach clench into knots at his words. There was no doubt he was going to make Elias life hell from now on and that was not what I wanted, I just wanted all of this to go back to how it had been only a couple of weeks before. I wanted this all done and over with but a part of me told me that it never really would be.

“Fine. I’ll go.” I said turning back to my food and letting silence fall over us once more. It stretched out over a long time as we finished eating and cleared up the dishes. Now completely relaxed and sated I felt the earlier exhaustion swamp me.

“Go on to bed baby. I’ll be up in a little bit.”

“What are you doing?” I asked with a frown.

“I’m going to call Vic.”

“Oh no you are not! You are going to leave them be this late at night and come to bed with your mate!” I demanded as I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at him. He chuckled but pulled me into the shelter of his body to lead me up the stairs without argument.