You did this!

“WH-What?” I breathed as I felt my heart drop to my feet. I prayed that I heard him wrong, or better yet that I was simply dreaming and would wake up from this horrible nightmare any moment now. But as they both stood there staring at me with such sympathy I knew that this wasn’t a dream, and I hadn’t heard him wrong. “No!” I sobbed as I felt my knees give out beneath me, just before I hit the ground Z caught me and pressed me tightly to his chest as I clung to him for dear life. “Please no. Not my babies!” I sobbed.

“It’s going to be all right baby.” Z murmured in my ear as he clung to me just as tightly as I clung to him. “We are going to get them back baby. I promise you.” I shook my head. I knew better than that. I knew that if the Council had taken them then we were in for one hell of a battle because they never handled things lightly or quickly for that matter. Who knew when we were going to see the twins!  I felt him sweep me completely off of my feet so he could follow Trev into his home. The moment Z sat me onto the couch I curled into myself trying to keep myself together where it felt like I was coming apart completely. I caught a glimpse of Aidan curled into his father, and I could tell by looking at him that he was terrified.

“What are you going to do Z?” Trev asked quietly and it drew all of our attention to my mate who was sitting with his face buried in his hands, his body tense and tight as if prepared for a battle right this moment. He didn’t make any kind of indication that he had heard Trev for a long stretch of time, and so finally I gathered myself enough to reach out and touch his shoulder. He jerked and looked to us now, his eyes completely black and swirling dangerously.

“What exactly did they say?” he demanded.

“They said they had been presented a case about the two of you and that they had to take the twins into custody until the matter was settled.”

I let out another sob as realization fell over me immediately. Elias! He had gone to the Council, he had brought them into the matter of whether the twins were his or not and in response gotten them taken away from me. Zaden caught me in his arms preventing me from reaching my destination. “I’ll kill him!” I snapped.

“Baby no.” he said.

“Let me go!” I snapped as I tore at his hold desperately.

“Baby stop this!”

With a final snarl I wrenched his arms from around me and burst through the door before he could stop me once more. Shifting as the cool night air I took off, not sure where I was going but knowing my instincts would find the one I wanted if I only listened to them. I heard Z not far behind me demanding for me to stop but I was past the point of following orders now. My wolf called for blood. Demanded it from the one who had taken her pups.

Strangely enough I found myself outside of Victors home, I let out a deep howl that they would recognize and I knew would catch their attention. The door swung open and a golden light pierced the darkness just as Z reached my side, but it was not only our Alpha that came rushing onto the lawn, it was also the very man who was the cause of this.

You son of a bitch, I snarled as I lunged again but this time Z caught me by the rough of my neck.

“What the hell is going on?” Victor demanded immediately as I continued to struggle against Z’s hold.

How could you help him Victor! Him of all people! I demanded as I finally stopped struggling and gave in the tears broke free once more.

“Jacqlynn.” Victor began as he stepped forward but I shrank away from him. He was my mentor, someone I looked up to, my Alpha, he was supposed to be my protector and Z’s and instead he had helped a traitor. “Jacqlynn what did I help him with? What is going on?”

“You were supposed to watch him Victor!” Z spat now when I didn’t respond.

“I have!”

“Like hell!”

“I suggest someone tell me what the hell it I am being accused of before I get angry and one of us want that!” Victor snapped finally.

That son of a bitch took my babies! I cried angrily and I felt the immediate flare of power and the change in temperature as it dropped to the point that I shivered. Oh hell.