Epilogue - Two Years Later

Stepping into my youngest son’s room I quickly scooped him into my arms trying to cease his tears.

“Oh Zariah baby what’s wrong?” I cooed as I cradled him to my chest and he quickly bundled his little hands into my shirt and buried his face into my neck, just simply clinging to me without another word. “Another bad dream?” I asked gently and he nodded as I felt his tremors begin to ease once he breathed in the familiar scent of his mother. I didn’t say anything else but flicked my gaze to my mate who stood in the doorway watching over us. Even years later Zaden was still over protective when it came to our pups, not that I could really blame him, I was just as much as him I was just better at hiding it than he was.

We simply stared at each other for a moment and I knew that he was as worried as I was. When Annalee had been younger she had had nightmares as well, but hers had seemed to fade over the years and they had never been as persistent as poor Zariah’s had been. We had heard of wolves with sight into the future but I had never met one and I was pretty sure that Zaden hadn’t either. I knew that it was too early to tell such things but deep down I was positive that it was a very real possibility with him.

“It’s all right son. Nothing is going to hurt you with mommy and daddy around. I promise.” Zaden said as he gently took him from my arms before taking my hand and leading us down the stairs where we could already hear Sabian and Annalee bickering, and there was the sound of pots and pans rattling around which meant that Vane had found his way in this morning.

Ever since we had brought Annalee home from the Base, Vane had been a part of our family. He had been true to his word and talked to Vic about being able to move onto our lands which Vic had approved but he spent more time here than he did in either of his homes. Not that it bothered either of us, often it was quite handy. Z had been more particular about who watched the kids and Vane had quickly become one of the few that he actually trusted to leave them with. So on days that he could Vane stayed here and played nanny, and on days that he couldn’t Arianna took the three of them for us, though since the news of her second pregnancy that was becoming less and less often. I personally knew just how much of a hassle it could be to take care of toddlers while being pregnant and though I would never regret my youngest son, it hadn’t been easy in the slightest.

“Good morning Jacqlynn, Z.” he said with a nod in our direction as we entered the kitchen.

“Morning.” Z greeted in return.

“V!” Zariah cried as he jumped from his farther arms quickly to run over and greet the other man and I had to smile. The children had all taken to Vane rather quickly, because even though he was a force of his own he was a sweetheart deep down which only showed in the way he handled Zariah and Sabian, and in the way he simply looked at Annalee. As far as it came with him and the children he never did for only Annalee. Anything he did for her he also did for her brothers and it only made me love him all the more because we all knew that he didn’t have to do that and would understand even, if he decided not to.

“Hey buddy. I heard you upstairs. Did you have another dream?” Vane asked as he scooped the little boy onto his hip. Zariah nodded as he peered over the pan that Vane was cooking something in. Vanes eyes met ours and we nodded our understanding, he was beginning to think the same thing we were, in fact it had been him who had suggested it in the first place. He had also said that if it did turn out to be the case then he would find someone who would help Zariah learn to handle whatever it turned out to be.

Taking our seat at the table I turned my attention to my twins who seemed to be in the middle of an argument as I caught Annalee sticking her tongue out at her brother before crossing her arms over her chest and turning to Z.

“Daddy!”

“Yes baby girl?” he asked without looking from the paper he had picked up from the table.

“Tell Sab that I get to go to school to!” she cried and Zaden chuckled at that looking at the two of them.

“Why wouldn’t she be able to go to school to Sabian?”

“I didn’t say that she wouldn’t be able to go to school I said that she wouldn’t be going to school with me.” He said shaking his head.

“Yeah huh!” Annalee cried.

“Annalee baby he doesn’t mean you won’t be going to school.  You both will be going to school together you just won’t be in the same class is all honey.” I said

“See told you!” Annalee said sticking her tongue out at him once more and Sabian just rolled his eyes shaking his head as he turned his attention to whatever Vane and Zariah had begun talking about. Looking around at my family I smiled to myself more thankful for everything that had been given to me than I would be able to express. I had three beautiful and amazing babies, an amazing mate that loved me more than I deserved sometimes and a pack that loved and protected us every day. There was nothing more I needed.

Seeing my smile, Z gave me one in return that still managed to make my stomach fill with butterflies even after all of our years together so far. “I love you baby.” He said as he leaned forward.

“I love you too, forever.” I said as pressed my lips to his feeling like the happiest wolf in the world.