Victors Fuys

I woke sometime later still in my wolf form and slightly confused as I looked around at the stone walls and the cot beneath me. That was until all of the earlier events came rushing back to me. Going to the pack meeting, lunging for Elias, passing out to wake up and find out that not only had my mate fought his Alpha a man he loved but that he was now lost to his wolf side and didn’t recognize me or anyone else. Lifting my head from my paws I looked to where Z had been sitting when I had fallen asleep. He was guarding me still, with his back to me, but he had lay down and though he looked like he had relaxed I knew very well that he wasn’t. At even the first hint of danger he would strike first and ask questions later.

My chest ached as I watched him. It felt like it had been forever since I had been in his arms, and I very much needed them around me, at all times anymore. Whining quietly to myself I switched sides so that I was laying with my back to him now. I felt him shuffle behind me before I felt him nuzzle my side once more but I wouldn’t allow myself to get my hopes up, I knew they would just be crushed once more.

Jacqlynn. I heard Victor call to me and he was obviously still here.

Why aren’t you with Arianna? I demanded.

I am. She is here, she is so close they don’t want to risk anything.

It’s about time that’s for sure.

How is it going? How is Z? He asked sounding almost hesitantly.

I sighed with another whimper as I glanced back to Z who had curled beside me with his side to my back but he was facing the doorway waiting for anyone to come through. He isn’t any different. He doesn’t recognize me. Vic, what am I to do? I pleaded hoping that he would have some kind of answer for me.

I don’t know Jacqlynn. I really don’t. Maybe I should call Trev and maybe with the two of you—he began but I cut him off.

NO! He would only attack Trev!

It might be the only way Jacqlynn.

Z would never forgive himself if he hurt Trev. I’m not sure he will forgive himself for attacking you.

Vic was silent for a long time before I heard a sigh. He will be fine Jacqlynn, let’s get him back to him first. You should come eat now. You have been down in the cold long enough.

I won’t leave him Victor.

Jacqlynn don’t be so stubborn. There is enough problems going on without you adding to them.

I am not leaving him! I growled.

Dammit! I heard him curse but then I heard nothing more and knew that he had drawn away once more. A few moments later I heard heavy footsteps storming down the stairs and Z was on his feet snarling low from his chest as he crouched low and defensively in front of me.

Z! No! I pleaded as the door swung open and in bound silver wolf that was at least three times my size and I felt my heart freeze in my chest. Victor was pissed! Zaden lunged for Victor once more but Victor was having none of that as he let out a vicious snarl of his own and met Zaden’s attack head on. No! Stop it please! Victor he isn’t himself! I pleaded as I rushed forward to get between them to defend my male. The two snarled and snapped at each other as they rolled each trying to gain dominance over each other. Victor managed to top Zaden throwing him to the ground and pinning him there with his large jaws wrapped around Zaden’s neck while he squirmed beneath out Alpha. Vic stop it! I cried nudging his side trying to push him into releasing Zaden.

Enough Jacqlynn! Victor roared snapping at me and putting the full Alpha whammy that had me stumbling backwards into the corner of the cot whimpering as I bowed down to him. I have had enough of all of this! There is enough going on right now to drive anyone crazy and I have enough problems with my pregnant mate upstairs! You two will fix this and you will fix it NOW! His jaws were still tight around Zaden’s neck, but those hard metallic eyes were locked onto me and I bowed even lower whimpering as I buried my face into the cots blankets. Zaden you will shift back now! The compulsion so strong in his voice that I felt myself unable to ignore it either and shifted back to my human form still remaining in a low bow. I didn’t look up to see if Zaden had listened but he must have because Victor let out another low growl before I heard him begin to trot back up the stairs.

I couldn’t stop the sobs that tore from my chest as I curled up into a ball once more. Victor had never snarled or snapped at me for as long as I had known him, and that had been since I was only a baby. I was no omega but I was not a dominate female either, sure I stood up for myself and could hold my own, I was no Alpha like Arianna and Victor, and for him to lay into me was more than my wolf could stand.

“Jacqlynn.” I heard Zaden call, his voice was low and rough form not having used it and being stuck in his wolf form. I didn’t look up at him just remained curled onto the cot wrapping my arms tightly around myself. “Oh god baby.” He called as I heard him shuffle to his feet and over to me so that he could drop to his knees and pull me into him. I flung myself at him burying my face into his neck and inhaling deeply. Letting his familiar, masculine scent wrap around me and soothe away all of my nerves and fears and everything that had just happened moments ago. “It’s all right baby. Shh. Shh. I’m here.” He cooed into my ear as he rocked me back and forth.

“He is s-so mad Zaden!” I cried. “S-so angry at u-us. We didn’t ask for any-any of this!” I sobbed into his shoulder.

“Baby it’s all right just breathe. He is stressed, there is a lot going on that he has to handle and his mate is about to have a baby. There is a lot riding on his shoulders. It’s okay baby I promise. He still loves you and would never hurt you.”

“He snapped at me.” I murmured quietly. “You snapped at me.”

“Oh god.” He groaned a she buried his face into my shoulder now without another word for a long stretch of time. We just simply held onto each other and let ourselves be soothed by the others presence and scent.

“I thought that I had lost you to your wolf Zaden. You didn’t recognize me, you fought with Vic. I was so scared I was losing you and wouldn’t ever get to see those green eyes I love so much look at me with that familiar gaze.” I said against his skin as I pressed my lips to his neck.

“Never baby. Never.” He said shaking his head and tightening his arms around me. “I’m here and I’d never leave you. I swear it.”

Nodding I tilted my head in a silent demand that he was more than happy to meet as his lips pressed to mine in a hungry kiss. Melting into him, I felt need to flare to life beneath my skin boiling my blood and tearing a moan from me as I pulled away to nuzzle his neck and at the skin. “Prove it.” I challenged in a whisper and I heard him let out a growl before driving us both back onto the cot.