Please NO!

There was an obnoxious ringing in the distance that seemed to never end. Groaning I buried deeper into Zadens chest trying to fight away the noise. It was late, the middle of the night, who the hell would be calling this late? Better yet why in the hell would they be calling this late? I felt him stirring beneath me with a grumble as he tried to ignore it also.

“What the hell?” Z finally demanded as he lifted his head to look over onto the dresser where his phone was flashing and blaring.

“Turn it off.” I grumbled as I rolled away from him to curl into my side of the bed. I felt him shift beside me and heard the phone be silenced before he moved behind me to curl himself around me once more. I smiled and closed my eyes prepared to drift back into sleep but as soon as we both settled again the ringing picked up once more.

“Dammit!” he snarled as he tore away from me. I had to chuckle as I looked to him.

“Don’t be too harsh baby.”

“Trev this had better be damn important!” he snapped and my eyes flew open at the sound of Trevs name. He had the twins and that could be the only possible reason for him to be calling now. “What?” Z breathed in disbelief.

“Z?” I asked quietly as I sat up now and clutched the sheet to my chest. I watched his face harden and his body tense before he shot out of the bed snatching up his jeans.

“I’ll be there in a minute.” He spat out as he threw the phone onto the bed and reached for the next available clothing item.

“Z what is going on?”

“Get dressed.” He barked at me. Climbing out of the bed I started to make my way to him but strode past me to the door barking another “Get dressed!” at me before disappearing down the stairs. Feeling my gut tighten violently I wrapped my arms around myself and began to search for my clothes. Whatever it was, it was not good that much was obvious by the way he was acting but what the hell could it be? I chewed it over in my mind the entire time I was dressing but I could come up with nothing that made sense that would have Z acting this way.

When I reached the bottom of the steps I heard the car already running in the drive and knew that was where he would be waiting for me. Grabbing his large jacket I wrapped myself in it before storming out into the cool night and sliding into the car beside him. The moment my door was shut he flew out of the drive and down the road. “Z you have to talk to me. Tell me what is going on?” He didn’t say a word instead continued to grip the steering wheel tight enough that his grip was white and stared dead at the road in front of us as he didn’t even notice I was there. Shaking my head I turned to the window and pressed my forehead to the iciness of the window and let out a deep breath. The drive was silent and tense. The knots in my gut forming tighter and tighter to the point that I felt almost nauseous, and tremors began deep in my body. I tried to help myself and wrapped my arms around myself but it did nothing. It was Z’s arms I needed around me but I know in this state I was going to get nothing out of him.

I was relieved when we finally found the parking lot to Trev’s apartments and we both jumped out of the car practically sprinting to his front door which opened the moment we drew close. “Thank god you guys are here.” He breathed as he opened the door wider but before we could step inside I grabbed Z’s upper arm and looked between the two of them.

“Someone had better tell me what the hell is going on? Right now!” I demanded. Trev looked at me with wide gaping eyes before looking to Z like he couldn’t believe that I didn’t know.

“Jacqie I’m so sorry.” He pleaded as he dropped to one knee bowing his head in respect.

“Sorry for what?” I said quietly.

“It’s… The twins…” he began and I felt my heart drop into my stomach as panic immediately hit me.

“What about them?”

“The… The Council came… The twins… They took them. The Council took the twins Jacqlynn.”