I Need You

I didn’t hear from Z for days after that. Every attempt I made to contacting him was ignored. He never answered his phone, and he wasn’t staying in any of the places he normally would. It was obvious he was avoiding me because the twins talked of how he would come see them while they were out at the sitters and would drop them off at home to Ely just before I got home. Even seeing him every day they cried for him to come home at night and they weren’t the only ones. I hadn’t slept well in days, and I couldn’t bring myself to eat either because every time I did the picture of his face when he had left the house flashed into my mind. I was falling deeper and deeper into a hole and it was getting harder and harder to get out of bed in the morning. Even for the twins. The aching need for my mates touch was overwhelming. I didn’t understand how he was handling it and being s resilient as he was.

To make matters worse I falling into heat, I could feel it by the energy humming beneath my skin, the constant swing of moods and the ache in my lower body that got worse with each day that passed. Ely seemed to notice what was going on with me because she stayed at the house more and more with me and twins taking care of them whenever it became too much for me to bear and I hid myself in my empty bedroom.

One evening Ely had wondered back home to her own family and I was sitting in the kitchen with the twins helping them make cookies when the first wave of energy knocked the breath from me. My skin felt on fire and my body shook with need. Shaking my head I looked to Sabian and Annalee who were gaping up at me, both of them having taken a step back.

“You ok mommy?” Sabian asked as he subtly shifted in front of his sister.

“Yeah baby. Mommy just isn’t feeling well is all.”

“You need go bed?” Annalee asked peering her head from around her brother.

“No.” I said forcing a smile as I motioned them back to the bowl. “Come on. Let’s finish these cookies.” Excited once more they both rushed forward and to finish stirring the dough.

Managing to get more on each other than what was left in the bowl. As they decided they were done attacking each other they both pounced on me with sticky hands rubbing it all over me. I squealed and squirmed underneath them pretending to struggle as they giggled furiously.

Another wave of energy hit me and my entire body convulsed with need and I cried out as my lower body tightened painfully. Sabian and Annalee jumped away from me eyes wide and terrified. There was nothing I could do as the energy continued to roll over me and incapacitate me. Crying out I curled into the cold tiled trying desperately to ease it enough to take care of the two terrified toddlers in front of me. Sabian had Annalee backed into the corner and was crouched in front of her defensively even as he himself looked scared. Heat pulsed through me, clenching muscles and making my entire body ache and burn.

“Mommy!” Sabian cried and I looked to him. He took a tiny step forward but I held up my hand stopping him, not wanting to chance that my fluxing powers would harm him.

“Sabian..” I groaned as I curled tighter into myself. “I want you to hand me my phone.” I said trying to sound as normal as possible but it came out breathless and needy. Sabian scrambled away to snatch the phone off of the kitchen table. He came closer but decided against it and slid it to me. Picking it up I strained enough to concentrate and find Zaden’s number. Hurt or not by everything he had done he was my mate and I needed him. Now! “Now. Take your sister upstairs and keep calling that number until you get an answer. You remember how mommy taught you?” I asked and he nodded slowly. “Okay. Do it as mommy showed you. It will be daddy I want you to tell him you him to come here right away okay baby?” Nodding again he took the phone out of my hand and the two took off upstairs but still managed to catch the sight of the tears that glimmered in their eyes. Crying out as energy roared through me once more I cursed biting my tongue hard enough I was surprised I tasted no blood.

I tried desperately to fight it off and regain control over myself but nothing I did seemed to work it instead seemed to make it worse. Especially when I hear familiar voices coming from the living room.

“Jesus Zaden.” I heard Trev say as low growls began. “I’m taking the twins home with me. You two are going to need a lot of time alone.” I heard him explain. I couldn’t make out whatever it was Zaden growled in return. “I know grab them and leave. I’m not going to interfere with you and your mate my man. I know better than that.” I heard the heavy footsteps heading up the stairs.

“Baby? Where are you?” I heard Zaden call out. I groaned in reply. I couldn’t find my voice enough to do much more but I knew he had heard me because a moment later the scent of him hit me like a tidal wave and my entire body convulsed violently as I screamed. “Oh jesus baby.” Zaden said as he rushed forward and dropped beside me. I screamed again as my body jerked demanding the feel of him.

“It hurts Zaden.” I cried curling tighter into a ball. “God it hurts.”

“I know baby I know.” He murmured as he stroked my face gently. “You’re burning up.”

“I need you Z. I need you now!” I demanded.

“Just a minute longer baby wait till Trev gets the kids out of the house.” I withered against him but all my mind was screaming was MATE NOW! I couldn’t shake it so by the point I heard the door slam shut once more I was completely succumbed to the heat and practically tackled him to the floor before he lifted me off of the floor and carried me toward the bedroom.