P R O T E C T O R (Special Chapters)

Many have often wondered, some have ridiculously questioned "Why him?" "Why Daniel?" they say "Hindi siya deserving sayo." "I hope you could find someone who'll truly treasure you and love you Kath."

I cringe. They don't know what they are talking about.

Yes I wasn't treasured. I wasn't just treasured. With him, I felt more than just being treasured, I felt I was protected. He creates a barrier between my heart and all that could hurt me.He is my shield, a force that encloses me into a safe place. He'd take everything before it reaches me.

The kind of world we are living in,the showbiz world-- is twisted. Filled with criticisms, gossips, malice and everything that can make you a worse version of your self, he's one of those that keeps me grounded. A reminder that fame is only temporary but pure intentions can last a lifetime.

There was one night in Japan,we were strolling the streets with my arm in his and I'm slightly leaning my head near his shoulder that I can barely reach. It was one of those simple dreams that came true.

We've always wanted to do this-- walk hand in hand away from the public eye. Just me and him. Only us. It was surreal. I'd love to that for a long time,with him of course.

"Saan mo gusto kumain Bally?" he asked as we continued to walk.

"I want ramen.." I answered.

"Again?" he laughs.

I nodded like a kid and he pinched my cheeks.

"Okay, whatever my Queen wants..tara.." as he held my hand. We are about to cross the street.

I think he spotted a Ramen place at the other side of the road.

I love him for that.He's quick at everything, especially at giving me what I want. He is the Best Guy Ever and he's totally living up to that title.

I was behind him with our hands intertwined. He was waiting for the signal for us to cross the pedestrian lane. Keeping me behind him so I am protected.

I remembered one time I asked him why he always move me behind him when we are crossing a street when we can walk side by side. Then he told me,

"Mas gusto ko nasa likod ka para safe ka..baka kasi mahagip ka ng sasakyan.I want to protect you at all times, kahit saan o kahit kanino."

I took that moment to capture this gesture I will always be thankful for.

"Bally.." I called on him,he turned around right away and I clicked the button on my camera.

There-- I have a photo of my protector. My shield, my super hero,the love of my life.

As we were crossing the street I have quietly recited a poem in my mind that whispered to my heart "I will love you through joy and even through the pain, for I have found my self in you, as you have in me. You as my King and I as your Queen. Together we are one."

He as the protector and I as the keeper. He'll protect me,and I'll keep him.