Big Bran Hypothesis (01X02)

"Sheldon?" Leah called for her boyfriend's attention.

"Yes?" Sheldon responded, still bent over the coffee puddle on the floor.

"Do you think we should apologize to Penny? I mean, cleaning someone's apartment in the middle of the night without their knowledge isn't typically socially acceptable." She questioned.

"Leah, I believe that your brilliant mind is spending too much time socializing with people of a lesser IQ." Sheldon sighed. "We were doing Penny a favor last night, she is just too thick skinned to see it."

"Well, have you thought about offering to clean during the day, rather than cleaning in the middle of the night while she's sleeping?" Leah offered.

"Hm..." Sheldon considered the possibility. "I had not, but that doesn't change the fact that we were helping, Leah."

"Well, I still think we should apologize." Leah mumbled, looking at her hands that lay in her lap.

"You may do so, if you believe it to be the right course of action. I don't have to assume you are intelligent enough to know that I am not sorry and it would not be advisable to apologize for me as well." Sheldon stated.

"I know Sheldon." Leah sighed, rolling her eyes and walking towards Penny's apartment.

     She knocked on the door in her usual gentle manner, hearing feet pad on the floor, shortly after the door swung open.

     Penny groaned, asking what Leah wanted.

     "I just wanted to apologize for my actions. I'd like to make it clear that I'm in no way apologizing for Sheldon, seeing as he doesn't believe what we did was wrong, but I've realized that it may have been inappropriate and even if it wasn't, it made you uncomfortable," She apologized. "Although, we were just trying to be helpful."

     Penny sighed, "I just don't get why you'd do something like that, do you honestly not get how weird that is?"

     "No, I didn't at the time, I just saw that it was a mess and thought I'd help you out, truly I'm sorry."

     "Fine, I guess since you were trying to help, I'll forgive you," Penny responded.

     "Alrighty, that was all. Have a nice day Penny." With that, Leah walked back to the apartment.

"And how did it go?" Sheldon asked as Leah walked through the door again.

"It went well. All is forgiven, and I believe Penny and I are on good terms again." Leah said happily, considering she was growing to like the blonde, even if she was a bit of a ditz sometimes.

"Yes, well, you shouldn't have had to apologize in the first place, you did no wrong."

     "We were just trying to be nice, but Penny clearly has viewed our actions as an invasion of privacy and feels as if we have violated her trust in us, hence her taking her key back."

     "Don't be ridiculous Leah, she's being over dramatic and should calm down soon. She'll see that we weren't doing anything objectionable soon enough and will go back to being our companion."

     "I still think you should apologize, even if you don't feel bad that Penny is upset with you or believe that what you did was wrong, social protocol dictates that when a friend is mad at you you should typically apologize."