Chapter Forty Five

Chapter Forty Five

"Are you okay Mim?" Louis asks me quietly.

I shake my head at him, my body shaking violently. I try my best to stop the shaking, to take deep breaths and calm down but I can't. My body will physically not let me. My lungs feel like there are vices around them and I can only take shallow breaths.

"Come on love, you need to lie down. Can someone get me a wet cloth for her head," Louis says as he places and arm around my shoulders and one under my legs.

He carefully picks me up in his arms before carrying me into the lounge room, where he places me on the soft couch. My body continues to shake, my hands shaking the most out of everything. Louis picks one of my hands up in his and suddenly that hand stops shaking.

A warmth spreads through my body at his touch, calming me down. The vice on my lungs loosens its grip, allowing me to take a deep breath. My body stops shaking, and instead, a warm, tingly feeling shoots around my body. 

It's seeps into every muscle and my blood stream. I works its way down my spine, my whole body relaxing. Once I relax, I can feel the soft pillow under my head. The knitted blanket that has been thrown over my body. The cold cloth on my head. But most of all I can feel Louis' skin against my own.

"You're okay Mimi. You're okay," Louis says while stroking my blonde hair that is no longer in a pony tail.

I send Lou a small smile who returns the gesture. But there is something else in his eyes. I can't put my finger on it but I can tell it's not just one thing hiding in his eyes. It's many things. Many mysteries I wish I could uncover.

"Uhh, Mimi. Are you okay love?" I hear and Irish accent ask me.

I look up and see Niall standing behind the couch, his hands on the back rest. He looks very worried but he also looks guilty. It's as if he blames himself for me freaking out, which he shouldn't. He may of had the knife but he is not my mother. He wouldn't do that.

"Yeah Ni. I am. Sorry for freaking out," I say, my voice sounding extremely weak.

"Don't be sorry. It's not your fault. I'm not exactly sure what I did but I am very sorry for freaking you out," he mutters sadly.

"Niall it's not your fault. At all. You had no idea I would freak out like I did so don't be sorry," my sincere and weak voice rings out.

I look back to Lou who is staring intently at something on my arm. I look down and see that my long sleeved shirt has ridden up and he can see the bandage on my arm. I gulp quietly but Louis seems to hear it because he looks back at me.

"What's that Mim? Please tell me it isn't what I think it is?" he mumbles, tears coming to my eyes.

"No Lou. No way. Well actually, I guess it could be considered what you think it is but I didn't do it," I ramble on before becoming serious and whispering the last part so the boys can't hear me, "She did."

His eyes widen in surprise, the tears finally spilling down his cheeks, "No! No! No! I refuse to believe it Mim. I refuse to believe that she did that to you."

"She did Lou. This morning. Just before you arrived she did it," I say while looking away from him.

"Wait! Did she see your packed bags and then do this to you?" he exclaims. He stares expectantly at me and I reluctantly nod, "This is my fault. If I had been there to protect you. If I was there with you while you were packing. If I had gotten you out sooner. Maybe this wouldn't have happened."

"No Louis. Don't you dare blame yourself for this. This is not your fault. She would have done this anyway. Even if I had left earlier. There was nothing you could do to stop it Lou. Trust me when I say that please," I plead.

He looks me right in the eyes and nods. Then he stands up and walks out of the room but not before I see the fear and regret in his eyes. They were right there. Those two emotions stood right out in his blue eyes. There was no hiding them.

As he walks away, I sigh in frustration. There was no way he should be that scared. He isn't the one with the abusive mother that could come after him at any time. He isn't the one with mental images of being beaten burnt in his mind. He isn't the one who is scared of a knife. He isn't the one who won't be able to go near alcohol or anyone drinking it for the rest of his life.

And suddenly, all at once, the anger I have for Lou comes rushing back. Now that I'm calmed down and the shadow of fear doesn't linger at the front of my brain, the normal, rational me has come back. The one who doesn't need Louis to calm her down. The one who isn't cowering in a corner in fear. The one who knows exactly what he did.

"Mimi do you think you can sit up for us," Liam asks while crouching down next to me.

"I didn't pass out Li. I think I'll be perfectly fine," I reply while taking the cloth off my head and sitting up.

"I know. Sorry. I'm just worried after, you know, that."

"I know Liam. It's fine. I promise. Now, how about we watch a movie or some random T.V channel?" I say excitedly.

The boys all quickly agree, putting 'The Hangover' in the disc player. The all take seats as the movie rolls through the trailers for other movies. I pull the blanket up around my chin to block out the cold but it doesn't work. I start shivering, mildly at first until they become violent shivers.

"Are you okay love?" Harry ask, concern lacing his voice.

I shake my head at him as my body continues to shiver. He stares at me for a few moments, a weird look on his face before he says, "How about we all sit on the on couch with Mimi in the middle to warm her up."

The other boys quickly agree before piling onto the couch, squishing me between Harry and Liam. We all laugh a little bit as we try to get comfortable. It's not until I am sitting on Harry's lap with my feet in Niall;s lap that I realise I've stopped shaking.

"Thank you Harry. It worked," I smile.

"Good. I'm glad. Now lets watch the movie!" he screams in my ear. 

I flinch away while covering my ear and he quickly apologizes to me. We start the movie but about a minute after it starts Niall pauses it and looks straight at me, confusion on his face.

"Mimi, what did you and Louis mean by 'she did it'?"

Oh damn. Here goes.

YAY! Now that I've written this I can go to bed. I'm writing this the night before because I'm going to be quite busy tomorrow so I won't have as much time. Hopefully I'll have time to update DM though.

QOTC: If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?

I'm not sure where I would go because I want to go like everywhere so I don't really have and answer for that one. But you guys should answer. I'd like to know where you guys dream of going.

ILYSM!

SWAG ON!

~ TJ xoxoxoxo