Chapter Seventy Three

I feel the tears snake down my cheeks, leaving shiny, snail like marks on my pale skin. My whole body is shaking as his voice echos in my ears, rendering my whole body useless. I still can't believe that my father is alive.

After all these years of me mourning his death and thinking he was gone, he really just abandoned me again. It really hurts to think that the only way to leave me was to pretend that he passed away. And the only way I learnt that he is actually alive is because I Louis accidentally texted the wrong number. 

Who would have thought?

I can hear a gasp from the other end of the line before he speaks again, "Mimi?"

"Hi daddy," I whisper before a sob takes over my body.

 My hand moves up to cover my mouth, trying to stifle the sound that is coming out of my mouth. I feel Louis'arms wrap around my waist in an attempt to comfort me but I know it's no use. After thinking your dad was dead for ten years, you can't just calm down and move on with life when you find out that he isn't actually.

"Oh Mimi," I hear him sigh, "It's so good to hear your voice. I have missed you so much sweetheart."

I feel my heart swell at his words, happiness taking over my entire body, "I've missed you too daddy. So so much."

"Don't cry baby. Please don't cry," he pleads even though he knows that the tears won't stop anytime soon.

"I wish I could daddy but I can't. I'm just so unbelievably happy," I sob.

I finally lift my eyes from the picture of my father that is on Liam's phone, to look around the room. What shocks me most is that three of the boys have tears in their eyes and small smiles on their faces as they take in our exchange. 

When I swivel around to look up at Louis, I see that his tears have escaped his eyes and now they fall soundlessly down his cheeks. I reach up and gently wipe them away with my thumb, taking in the feel of his soft skin against my hand.

"I'm sorry I left you sweetheart. Everyday since then it has haunted me. I have wanted to come running back to you, just to see you and hear you voice but I knew that I couldn't," my dad says quietly.

"I understand daddy. I do. It might take me a while to trust you again and forgive what you did but we both know that that won't stop me from running into your arms when I finally get to see you again," I mumble, wiping away the tears on my own cheeks.

"I can't wait to see you M," he whispers, using the nickname he gave me when I was younger and then the realisation of what's happening finally hits him, "Wait! Why are you even with Liam? I thought you lived with your mum?"

I guess this is it. I guess it's finally time for me to come clean. It's time to start fresh. I need to tell my dad and my...brother, what the real reason for me being here is. 

And it scares me. It really truly scares me. Telling Harry and Niall was hard but I wasn't scared like I am now because they won't lash out like I can tell my dad and Liam will. And that's what scares me. That they will over react and cause a huge scene.

But there is no way around it. If I don't tell him now, he will think something really bad is wrong, which there is I guess, but he will think it's ten times worse then it really is. And I will still have to tell him when he gets here.

And Liam, well where do we start. He will find some way to get me to tell him why I'm here, even if I don't want too. Even if I hide in my room for the rest of my life and let Louis make up some ridiculous excuse, he will still find a way to make me talk.

Sighing, I decide to tell them, "Uhh...well. Where do I start?"

"The beginning would be good baby girl," my dad says quietly, fear shaking his voice.

"It all started when you left the first time daddy. It was two years after you left. I remember having to walk home from school one day because mum forgot to pick me up. When I got home, she was furious. She was drunk too."

The lump in my throat stops me from talking. My hands are shaking, as were my words. Who knew that it would be so hard to tell two people this secret when I have already told three people. I don't know how I did it. It all feels like a blur.

I feel Louis pull me onto his lap, resting his chin on my shoulder, "Come on love. They deserve to know the truth. I'll be right here."

I nod carefully at his words, deciding how I should say what I want to tell them,"She was so mad at me. She yelled and screamed at me like it was all my fault that I had to walk home. And then...and then she hit me."

I hear Liam and my dad gasp in shock. I watch as Liam opens his mouth to talk but Louis beats him too it, "Let her finish Li. Then you can be mad all you want."

I watch as Liam reluctantly nods, allowing me to continue, "I thought it was going to be a one off thing but it wasn't. Every day she forgot to pick me up. Everyday I would come home to have her yell at me, her breath stinking like alcohol. Then she would beat me and hit me and punch me until she knocked me unconscious.

"It went on and on. And it got worse as I got older. I remember, in year eleven, a couple of weeks after I was...uhhh....raped at that party, she started having men come around. They would pay her and then she would beat me until I passed out. All I remember is waking up in a sweat, my clothes gone, marks all over my skin."

It's finally time to confess something that I have never told anyone. Not even Lou. This is what I mean by starting fresh. I am going to tell them everything, even if it kills me a little bit inside. They deserve to know because they care about me. I can't lie to them anymore.

"She let these men rape me just so she could get money."

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it just keeps getting worse and worse doesn't it. Her past is like 'BAM! IN YOUR FACE!' Well, that's how I imagine it anyway.

So this is the second time this chapter has been published. After my little accident. lol

Anyway, there is one more chapter to come tonight so stay tuned :)

QOTC: Do you think Mimi is being a bit stupid and letting her mother walk free or not?

ILYSM!

SWAG ON!

~ TJ xoxoxoxo