Chapter Fifty Seven

Chapter Fifty Seven

I wake up screaming, a layer of sweat covering my body. I try to kick my legs around but something is restricting my movement. This freaks me out more and more so I start wiggling around in what I am assuming is a bed. Suddenly I can feel a hand on my arm which causes me to scream more.

"No, Mimi. It's me, Niall. Calm down love. You don't need to be scared," I hear whispered in my ear.

Hearing a voice whispered in my ear freaks me out even more so I start thrashing around the bed until I register the words that were actually said. 'It's me, Niall'. I stop screaming and thrashing around the bed. The tears remain on my cheeks but I allow my heart time to calm down.

"That's it love. It's okay, I'm here with you. Come here," Niall mumbles while pulling me against his bare chest.

I let the tears fall freely from my eyes and onto his chest. I wrap my arms around his waist, clinging onto the only sanity I have left. I rub my face against his skin, breathing in his smell. I can feel Niall stroking my hair with his hands.

"Shhhh, it's okay babe. It's okay. Don't be scared Mimi. She can't hurt you here," Niall whispers against my hair.

I let his words run through my brain, trying to believe the lies. She may not physically be able to harm me while I'm here but the memories are enough to mentally harm me. This is just what she wanted. She wanted to physically harm me until I left. But she knew that when I left she would still be there with me, harming me the way she used to.

I whimper against Niall's chest as I think about my mother. I feel Niall pull me closer to him as to tries, once again, to take the bad dreams away. This is the fifth time in three nights that I've woken up screaming from a bad dream.

Ever since Louis decided to shut me out, I've been staying here with Niall. That was three days ago but it feels like so much more. Everyday is an effort, it feels ten years long, and I feel bad for Niall because he has to put up with me.

He has to put up with me sleeping in the same bed as him because I'm scared of being on my own. He has to put up with me waking up screaming multiple times during the night. He has to deal with my tears, my fears and everything else. At least three times a day, I always end up crying because of some memory or something that happened. 

And it sucks to say the least.

"I'm sorry Niall. I wish I knew how to stop these nightmares," I whisper, my lips moving against his chest.

"Don't be sorry Mim, it's not your fault at all. And I don't mind helping you calm down. Honestly, you don't have to say sorry love," Niall says kindly.

But I know it bugs him. I can tell by the way he sighs when he sees me crying. I can see it in the way he has to send me out of the room so he can use a knife. I can see it when he stands up to get a drink but then has to sit down because he knows I'm scared of alcohol.

"It's not okay Ni. I know it bugs you. I've noticed these things that you do when it comes to me. Trust me, I've noticed Ni," I mumble.

"Listen to Mim, it does make life harder, I won't lie. But it's worth it. It's worth not using a knife in front of you so you don't cry. It's work not drinking while I'm around you so you don't freak out and think I'm going to hurt you. It's all worth it," he says while pulling back to look into my eyes.

"Thank you Niall. For putting up with me. Not leaving me or pushing me away like some people. Just, yeah. Thank you Ni," I say before placing a kiss on his cheek.

"You know, I think you and I need to go talk to Lou and Li later," Niall declares.

"No! I am not going anywhere near Louis or Liam. I honestly do not have any interest in talking to either of them," I spit.

"Come on Mim, aren't you even the least bit curious as to why Louis is all of a sudden cold and distant?" Niall asks me.

"No...maybe," I see Niall giving me a look, "Okay fine! I am curious but I don't want to see him. He broke my heart Ni, I don't want to see him."

"I understand but I want you to come with me even though you don't want to see him. You can just sit in the other room okay? I don't want you on your own," Niall says while lifting my chin up so I can look in his eyes.

"Okay. Whatever you want Ni," I mumble, giving into his puppy dog eyes.

"Good. Thank you love. Now, it's only seven, do you want to go back to sleep or get up?"

"Umm I'll get up. I don't think I'll be able to get to sleep again Ni," I say while pulling away from him and sitting up.

"Okay, well I'll go make breakfast. Do you want to have a shower?"

"Sure. Thanks Ni," I smile.

I watch him as he gets up and walks out the door, not even bothering to put a shirt on. When I can no longer hear his footsteps, I let a few more tears fall from my eyes. I don't think Niall realises how much Louis hurt me. I try to hide it behind a mask but every now and then it slips off. I try my hardest to keep it up while I'm around him because I don't want him to see.

I don't want him to see how much Louis hurt me.

I don't want him to see how much he actually damaged my heart.

Alrighty, last chapter for the day!

QOTC: What do you think will happen when they go around to talk to Louis and Liam?

ILYSM!

SWAG ON!

~ TJ xoxoxoxo