Chapter Forty Eight

Chapter Forty Eight

*Louis' P.O.V*

I come around the corner just as I hear Mimi mumble to Harry, "My mother. She beat me. She is the reason I'm here, I had to get away before she hurt me some more."

So she told him. I didn't think she would to be completely honest. But then part of me was worried she would. Only because I know that Harry will over react. I know that he will probably yell and swear and maybe even break something. And I know that that will scare Mimi. 

"What!" Harry asks, trying not to believe what he was hearing.

"It's true Harry. Every bit of it. And the worst thing is, it's been going on for longer then I told Lou," she says before looking up and making eye contact with me, like she knew I was there.

"How long?" I whisper to her.

She stays quiet, not answering my question which only fuels my hate towards her mother. It only fuels my anger. The silence in the room is deafening and I can't take it any longer.

"How long Mimi?" I ask her as I crouch down in front of her.

"Since I was seven," she sniffs, more tears falling down her cheeks.

I feel my jaw drop open and tears come to my eyes. I try my best to hold them back so I can be strong for her but I fail and I feel them slide down my cheeks. I look over at Harry who is also crying silently as he holds Mimi next to him.

I quickly sit on the other side of Mimi, putting my arm around her waist, trying to make her feel safe in between me and Harry. Harry and I sit there crying silently while Mimi sobs into her hands. Time flies by as we all sit in silence, thinking about Mimi and how hard her life must have been.

"Why didn't you tell me Mim?" I ask her quietly after what feels like hours even though it was probably ten minutes.

"Well because she hadn't hit me for a couple of months and because I was scared that you would over react or something but when she punched me the other day I came to realise that maybe I should tell you," she whispers while looking at the floor.

"Is that why you freaked out when Niall had the knife?" Harry says, reality of what is going on finally dawning on him.

"Uhh yes. My mum, yesterday just before Louis showed up, she walked into my room and saw my suitcases and she got very angry. She cut me with a knife then she slapped me."

Now I understand why she was so scared. The fear of someone hurting her with a knife was fresh in her mind. That's why she freaked out so much. Poor Niall had no idea what was going on but he knew it was something he did.

I don't know what I should do. On one hand I want to stay by her side so no harm comes to her. But the other half of me whats to go find her mother, hurt her and then call the police to arrest her. She doesn't deserve to walk free among all of us. She deserves to be behind bars where she can't hurt anyone. Where she can't hurt Mimi.

"Mimi, I'm so sorry," I whisper to her.

She shrugs her shoulders while wiping her eyes with the back of her hand, "It's not your fault Lou. It's no ones fault. You couldn't stop it. Neither could I. And besides, you didn't know."

"I'm still sorry that this happened to you. It shouldn't happen to anyone, ever. It's a terrible crime and your mother should go to jail for it," I spit the last part, furious that her mother is free.

"She should but I'm not going to do that," she says sadly.

"Why not?" Harry yells while standing up. I watch as Mimi shrinks back against me in fear as Harry continues, "She beat you! She cut you with a knife for crying out loud Mimi! She deserves to be behind bars. No one, and I repeat no one, should ever hit their kid!"

After he finishes his rant he looks down to see Mimi in tears, curled up against me. I watch as regret passes across his face along with something else. He crouches down next to Mimi but when he reaches out to place his hand on her shoulder she pushes him away before crawling over the top of me to get away from him.

"Mimi, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you," he says quietly.

But he's too late. The damage is already done. He yelled and didn't think about the consequences and now she is too terrified to let him touch her. Is it rude of me to say it's his own fault though? I mean if he thought about it before he spoke, he would have realised that it was a bad idea.

"I'm sorry Haz," I mumble to him. I will admit, it was his fault but I still feel bad for him.

"It's fine. It's my own fault anyway," he says sourly before walking away and into his room.

"Mim, Harry's gone now," I say quietly.

I watch as she moves her head away from my shoulder and wipes her tears away. She looks up at me, her big beautiful green eyes shining with unshed tears. And it break my heart to see her looking so broken.

"Mimi, you know Harry would never hurt you right?" I ask her.

She doesn't answer me. She just stares straight at me, the light in her eyes dimming in fear with every passing second. I sigh before placing my hand on her cheek and bringing her closer so I can place a kiss on her forehead.

"He would never hurt you Mim. He cares too much about you. He was just mad," I say with my lips brushing against her forehead.

"Okay," she murmurs.

"I know you don't believe me Mim but I will find a way to prove it to you. But until then, I'm here for you okay."

I feel her nod, her forehead brushing against my lips again. I know my words won't help for very much longer and I don;t know any other way to prove it to her. To prove to her that I won't let anyone hurt her ever again.

I'm sorry that this took so long to update guys :(

And because it's late I'm not going to get to update this book again tonight. I'm really sorry. First I was busy and then I had writers block. So yeah, I'm sorry guys.

QOTC: Kiss, Marry Avoid? Justin Bieber, Louis Tomlinson, Ashton Irwin.

For me it would have to be;

Avoid: Justin Bieber

Kiss: Louis Tomlinson

Marry: Ashton Irwin

What would you guys pick?

ILYSM!

SWAG ON!

~ TJ xoxoxoxo