Chapter Sixty Four

Chapter Sixty Four

I let out a long sigh, placing my head on the cold, granite counter top. Why does my life have to suck? I know, I know. I've met all four members of One Direction, my saviours, and I basically live with one of them. Why am I complaining you ask?

Because I'm having my heart broken by the man that I love. That's why. Oh and don't forget the fact that my mother still haunts every second of my life even if she isn't here. So yeah,my life sucks. And there isn't anything I can do about it to be completely honest.

"Oh hey Mimi. What are you doing here?"

I look up to see Harry standing in the doorway, his curls hanging straight around his face as they drip small water droplets onto his bare chest, "Hey Haz."

"Before I ask you why you're all sad and stuff, am I forgiven for getting mad and yelling the other day?" he asks quietly as he sits on a stool beside me.

"Yeah, you are Harry. I'm sorry for freaking out like that. It's just...yeah I'm guessing you can already understand without me explaining," I sigh.

"I can. And thanks for forgiving me. I'm really sorry I freaked you out like that," he says as he places and arm around my shoulders.

"I know you are Haz, I know you are," I mumble as I rest my head on his shoulder.

"So Mimi, why are you here?" Harry asks again.

"Because I wanted to get some answers from Lou but that didn't go so well."

"Course it didn't. Lou is being very stubborn about this. I don't know why but he won't tell anyone why he suddenly doesn't have feelings for you," Harry laughs dryly.

"Yeah, I know."

"How about you go in there and ask him again. But be stern. Yell at him if you have too," Harry declares.

I guess that isn't the worst idea in the world. I mean, I did come over here to get answers and I'm not leaving empty handed. But what if it just goes worse then before? What if he starts yelling and I freak out and I never talk to him again?  That wouldn't be so bad I guess. Lou would get what he wants, me to leave him alone, and I would get what I want, to stop thinking about him.

"Okay," I nod while standing up, "Where is he?"

"Lounge," Harry says while pointing in the direction of the lounge room.

I walk out of the kitchen and into the lounge where I see Lou sitting on one of the couches, his head in his hands. I quickly head over to the couch next to him and sit down, hoping he heard me. He either didn't hear me or he did and he is just ignoring me.

"Louis," I say quietly which causes him to look up quickly in surprise. So he didn't hear me.

"What?" he asks coldly.

"I want you to answer me Louis. I'm not leaving until you tell me the truth. Why are you acting like this?" I exclaim while standing up.

"Because I don't love you Mimi. I've told you that already. I've told all the boys. So just let it go. You got your answer, now leave me alone," he says quietly, his voice like ice.

"I don't believe you Louis. I don't. And neither does Niall or Harry. I don't know about Liam," I see his eyes grow nervous when I mention Liam's name, "Because I don't talk to him. But I know that the other boys don't believe you either."

"Why? Why don't you believe me?" he says while standing up.

I take a step back, fearing the worst, "Because, you've never told anyone why you don't care about me anymore. And because it was so sudden. One minute you and I are about to kiss, next minute you are all moody and distant!"

"I don't have to have a reason for not liking you anymore Mimi. I just don't," he says calmly.

"I still don't believe that Louis. I can tell that you're lying. There are these little things that you do that prove it. The way you stopped yourself from telling everyone about my mother. Niall explained that to me," I say quietly.

I watch as Louis' eyes widen in shock. He obviously didn't think I told Niall. Well, that proved him wrong, "So? That doesn't prove anything Mimi."

"The way you apologised for scaring me before. The way you calmed yourself down when you saw me take a step away from you. If you didn't care Lou, you wouldn't do those thing," I explain.

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I am going to break your trust and tell everyone your secret. it also doesn't mean I want to scare you," Lou mutters.

"Like I said Lou, I don't believe you. Those things, they prove that you still care. Even if it's just a tiny part of you, you still care. So stop denying it and just tell me why. That's all I want to know. Then I will leave you alone, for good," I say while trying to stop the tears from falling from my eyes.

I watch as Louis gulps, something he does when he is nervous, "No."

"What?" I asked shocked.

"I'm not telling you why I suddenly don't care about you. Just get over it and accept the fact that I don't," he says, his voice low and hoarse. 

I take a few more steps back until I collide with the wall, "I'm not just going to accept it Louis."

"Well you should," he says as he takes a step towards me.

"Why? Why should I just accept it?" I yell at him.

"Because I told you too," he says, not raising his voice at all.

"So I should just accept it because you told me too? The world doesn't work like that Lou!" I shout.

I watch as he looks at me with his bright blue eyes, before walking towards me until we are basically nose to nose, "If you cared about me at all, you would make this easier on me. You would just accept the fact that I don't care about you and move on."

I can feel his hands on my waist, the warmth of his body radiating off him and onto me. Despite the heater being on and his close proximity, I still have shivers running down my spine. I can feel his warm breath on my face as he slowly breathes in and out.

"Well Mr Tomlinson, I don't think I want to make it easy on you," I breathe, "It's been hard enough on me, why should I make it easy for you?"

"Because you love me," he mumbles.

I look straight into his beautiful blue eyes, getting lost in them. I see his eyes look down at my lips for a split second before looking back into my eyes. I feel him take a deep breath before he slowly starts to lean forward.

He's going to kiss me. I'm finally going to be able to feel his soft lips against my own. I'm finally going to be able run my fingers through his silky hair as his lips caress my own. I'm going to feel the butterflies erupt in my stomach and the tingles run around my body.

Just as Louis' lips are about to press against my own, we hear a voice, "What's going on here?"

HEHEHEHEH! I am so evil, it's not even funny. So I was reading through the comments and people thought that they were going to kiss and stuff. This chapter wasn't originally going to go like this but then I had a great idea. You guys inspired me to be evil and have them almost kiss again.

So thank you.

QOTC: Do you guys still like me after the second almost kiss or no? Also, what do you think will happen next chapter?

ILYSM!

SWAG ON!

~ TJ xoxoxoxo