Chapter Sixty Two

Chapter Sixty Two

I flop face first onto Niall's bed, groaning at the pain in my head. A few minutes after my panic attack or whatever you want to call it, Niall came in and told me we were going back to his place. I didn't object, obviously, cause I wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible.

We didn't even grab my things, which may have been a stupid idea, but whatever. I couldn't care less about the way I look to be completely honest. The only thing I can think about is the fear caused by my mother and the heart break caused by Louis.

Not that I can stop any of those feelings. I'll always be scared of my mother, that's a given. And the heart break, well, the only way to stop that is to never fall in love. But I was stupid enough to fall for Louis, thinking he felt the same way. And where did that leave me?

Heart broken.

As usual.

I sigh and shake my head lightly against the soft covers on the bed. I need to stop thinking about him. If I want to get over him, I need to remove any thoughts of him from my brain. I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and stop telling myself that I was stupid for falling for him. I need to stop thinking about him. Period.

"It'll be okay Mim. I'm sure Lou is just going through a rough patch at the moment. He does all the time and when he does he is always moody and grumpy," Niall sighs as he sits on the bed next to me.

"It doesn't seem like a 'rough patch' Ni. I heard him. He basically screamed to the entire world that he doesn't love me," I mumble against the bed.

"I know Mim. I was just trying to give you hope. I know he still loves you, even if he won't admit it," Niall laughs but there is no humour behind it.

"He doesn't. You heard him. So don't keep telling yourself that he does love me."

It's true. Anyone can see it. The way he ignores what's been said if it has anything to do with me. The silent treatment. The cold shoulder. The yelling. The screaming. The slamming of the doors. The moodiness. Everything. It all screams that he doesn't care about me and that we should just leave him alone.

"He stopped himself from telling everyone about your mum," Niall says quietly.

I suddenly push myself up off the bed, but obviously too hard because instead of just pushing myself to standing, I fall sideways and land on my side. I groan in pain as I clutch my head which had hit the floor.

"Are you okay?" Niall says but I can hear him trying to hold back a laugh.

"Yeah, fine. It would have been more genuine if you weren't about to start laughing," I mutter coldly as I sit up.

"Sorry. It was funny," Niall shrugs.

"Was not," I growl while pulling myself to standing.

"Was too," Niall whispers.

Oh it's on, "Was not."

"Was."

"Wasn't."

"Was."

"Was."

"Wasn't. Wait no! It was Niall!" Niall sighs.

Score:

Mimi: 1

Niall: 0

"Told you it wasn't funny Niall," I smirk.

"Yeah yeah," he says dismissively.

I sit on the bed next to him, feeling the bed dip further with my weight, "Ni, what do you mean he stopped himself from telling everyone about my mum?"

"Well, I don't think he knows that I know. And he knows Liam doesn't know cause, well, you don't talk to him. So he was about to say that the only reason you are here is because he didn't want your mum to hurt you anymore and I'm guessing he realised what he was about to say and stopped himself," Niall explains.

Wow. Even though he doesn't care about me, he still took the time to keep everyone in the dark about my past. Who would have thought? Not me obviously. I'm not going to lie, I've been waiting for Louis to tell the world about my mum. I thought that now that he doesn't care about me, he would tell everyone, but obviously not.

"Mimi?"

I look up at Niall to see him already looking down at me, en expectant look on his face, "Yeah?"

Niall sighs before rubbing his face with his hand, "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just thinking about why Louis would stop himself from telling everyone," I mumble.

"It's because he still loves you Mimi! Can't you see that? He is still in love with you and for some stupid reason he is pushing you away and telling everyone that he doesn't care about you. I don't know why but I know he is stupid. I'm on of his best mates, I can tell he is lying," Niall says while standing up.

I gulp, taking in Niall's little speech, "I'm sure it seems that way Ni but he doesn't love me. Not really. He just pretended for a while and now he finally realised that there is no point in pretending anymore."

"How can you be so blind Mimi? I don't understand! But you need to look at everything around you love. You need to open your eyes and really see. He loves you, with all his heart, but he is being an idiot and letting you go!" Niall exclaims before walking out of the room and leaving me alone with my thoughts.

I sigh before flopping backwards on the bed, staring at the plain white ceiling. I don't know what's worse right now, living with someone who beats you and abuses you or having the guy you love tell you that he doesn't love you.

All I know is that they both suck. It's hard to tell which one I hate more because they both hurt. In the famous words of Shawn Mendes, they will both leave me needing stitches. 

How could Niall think that Louis cares about me? I mean, he heard everything Louis said. Granted, him stopping himself from spilling my secret is weird, but maybe he just doesn't want to be the barer of bad news.  

But I know that I need answers. Real answers. Not just an assumption made my Niall. I need to hear it for myself, in person. I can't sit here while Niall deals with my problems. I need to stick up for myself and take charge.

I need to go talk to Louis myself.

WOOHOO! Next chapter. 

Guys, it's actually getting really scary. I don't know how many chapters there will be of this book but I've actually already started coming up with ideas for the sequel. Yeah I know. It's actually really scary. I'm freaking out because, well, this book is like my baby. It's like it's growing up and I'm not ready for that yet...

QOTC: What do you think will happen when Mimi goes to talk to Louis?

ILYSM!

SWAG ON!

~ TJ xoxoxoxo