Chapter Seventy Two

Chapter Seventy Two

Like I have said before, if I was drinking something right now, this would be the time that I would spit it out all over the ground. Or, if I was eating something, this would be the time I would start to choke on my food. But since I am doing neither or those things, I am deciding that laughing is the best way to handle this. 

"Oh wow," I say between fits of laughter, "I've actually never heard anything so funny in my life."

The four boys are looking at me like I am crazy, which I am. But can you blame me? I mean, Liam just waltzed in here and told me that I am his sister. What did you expect me to do? Break down in tears and tell him that I love him so much and believe him? No. Obviously I'm not going to do that. 

"I'm being serious Mimi," Liam says quietly.

I look up at him, my laughter dying down as I see the look on his face, "Prove it."

"What?" he asks, clearly confused.

"I don't believe you, and quite frankly, neither do any of these boys," I says while gesturing around to the other guys, "Unless you can prove it. Then I'll believe you. Until then, I'm going to call you crazy."

I watch Liam sigh, running his hand over his face while debating what to say, "How about, we start with the fact that your dad is my dad too."

"How is that even possible?" I ask, my voice quiet and weak.

"How about we sit down first. Mimi looks like she's about to collapse in shock," Louis says as he tightens his grip around my waist.

Suddenly everything feels like I'm in a trance. I can barely even remember walking down the hall and into the living room. I can barely remember taking a seat on the soft couch between Louis and Liam. I can barely remember anything because I think I'm in denial. I mean, how can my dad be the reason for this.

"Okay," Liam says, his voice cutting through my thoughts like a knife, "Let's start from the start. My dad is your dad. He was with my mum when she had me. Then a few years later he left for a while, about six years."

"But my mum and my dad were married," I protest, my sense finally kicking in.

"No Mimi. They weren't. My mum and dad were married and they never got a divorce. Your parents only pretended to be married," Liam explains.

But why? Why would they pretend to be married? I mean, what was it going to do to me? It wouldn't have bothered me that my parents weren't married. So why did they lie?

"Anyway, my dad came back and explained to my mum what happened. She was absolutely heartbroken but she understood. She was an old family friend and she contacted my dad. She said that she wanted a child but she didn't want to get married."

So they never loved each other. But why did she act as if- My mum loved him. My mum didn't want to get married because she wanted to be with my dad. That's why she was so heartbroken when he left. Because her aim was to get him to fall in love with her and leave the woman he was originally with.

"Anyway, a few years after he came back, he decided that he needed to get into contact with you again. After a few months, he came back and told me everything. He told me how he pretended to die so that you would be able to get on with you life and not have to worry about him bursting back into your life."

But the only thing I catch out of that sentence is that he isn't dead. That is the only part that sticks out and stays in my brain. It's the only part I can focus on. Knowing that my dad isn't really dead hits my in the chest like a rock, all the air being knocked straight from my lungs.

"My dad, he's alive?" I ask in disbelief and that's when I realise that I'm crying.

"Yes," Liam says quietly.

"I want to talk to him!" I demand while grabbing  Liam's hand in my own.

"I...I don't know if that's a good idea," Liam trails off.

"Liam please. I don't know whether to believe you or not. But if you're telling the truth, I want to talk to my dad. I want to hear his voice. Please," I beg while wiping away my tears.

"Liam, don't be heartless," Louis says when he sees the hesitant look on Liam's face, "Let her talk to her dad."

I watch as Liam reluctantly nods, relief filling my body at the gesture,"Thank you! Thank you so much!"

Liam reaches into his pocket and pulls out his iPhone, putting his password in, "Mimi, I don't know whether this is a good idea or not."

"Liam, for gods sake. What is so bad about me talking to my dad?" I exclaim, "I haven't seen him in over ten years Liam and now I find out that he didn't actually die. What do you expect me to do? Sit here and act as if nothing is wrong?"

"No I just, I don't want you to get hurt," Liam sighs.

"How would he hurt me Liam? Explain it to me," I yell.

"What I mean is, I just don't want you to be angry at him and yell at him and act as if it's all his fault. He had his reasons okay," Liam explains.

"Fine. I won't be mad...until later," I compromise.

"Ugh, fine. Whatever," Liam mumbles under his breath as he opens the contacts app on his phone.

I watch as he clicks on a name, pressing the call button. I watch as it rings for a little while, nerves bubbling up inside me. I'm finally going to be able to hear my dads voice for the first time in a long time. I'm finally going to get what I've always wanted, my dad back.

"Hello?" a deep voice sounds through the speakers.

I feel the tears prick in my eyes, threatening to fall, "Daddy?"

Well well well. This chapter has been quite eventful hasn't it? What do you all think? Are you happy that I updated again and didn't leave you hanging on that massive cliff?

QOTC: Were any of you expecting that to be the reason that Liam was acting the way he was?

Last chapter for tonight guys. I'll update a few times tomorrow!

ILYSM!

SWAG ON!

~ TJ xoxoxoxo