Chapter Seventy Nine

Boom.

That is what's going on in my mind right now. It's as if my mind has exploded into millions of little pieces and I no longer have any control over my body. I can feel my body go limp against Louis as I take in Liam's words.

"She what?" I stutter.

"She wanted to know where you were," Liam repeats, over enunciating each word.

"We heard what you said the first time Liam," Louis says to him.

"Well then, why did she ask what I said?" Liam asks while gesturing to me.

If looks could kill, Liam would be ten feet under right now.

"Because I wanted to know if you were being serious or not Liam!" I hiss at him, my body allowing me to take control once again.

"Well you did," Liam responds snarkily.

"Liam!"Harry exclaims, "This is not a time to act like a douche!"

"Whatever," Liam replies while waving his hand aimlessly in the air.

"What did you tell her Liam?" I ask coldly, fear sending my body into shock.

"I didn't tell her anything! Who do you think I am?" Liam exclaims.

A jerk? A douche? An annoying guy who just so happens to be my brother? I don't know but those three examples all sound pretty accurate to me. It doesn't matter if he brought my dad back to me, I'm still not forgiving him for what he did.

"Obviously you told her something Liam," Louis growls.

I've never seen Louis so mad. Even when he was 'angry' at me, he was never this mad. It's as if some foreign being has taken over his body, causing him to see red. I expected him to be mad, but not this mad. No where near this mad.

I swivel the chair around so I'm facing him. I look up at him,seeing that his eyes are glaring daggers at Liam, a frown on his perfect face. I place my hand on his cheek, grabbing his attention. The stubble lining his cheek scratches my hand, making me wonder when the last time he shaved was.

"It's okay Lou," I mumble.

"It's not okay!" Louis cries, "Your mother rang you, wondering where you were! Why would this be remotely okay?"

I let out a small sigh, shaking my head at him, "Because I expected this."

Louis looks down at me, shock clear on his face, "You what?"

Looking down at the ground, I close my eyes as tight as possible. I bring my hands up, using my index and middle fingers to rub my throbbing temples. Little did the boys know, I was expecting her to call wondering where I was.

Just because she didn't care that I was leaving, didn't mean that she wouldn't wonder where I was after a few days. I've left before, for a few days. When she rang me, she acted all kind and loving, wondering where I was. When I told her that I was coming home, she was 'thrilled'.

I came home later that night only to find her waiting for me. I walked in the front door only to have her beat me up. I should never have fallen for her act. I should have known that it was a trick. But because I was still hanging onto the small shred of hope that I had left, I believed that actually was worrying were I was.

Stupid move Mimi. Stupid move.

I push myself off the stool, only to start pacing the room, back and forth, step after step. I let out a small sigh while running a shaky hand through my long hair. I don't know how to tell the boys that she's done this before but I guess that I'm going to have too.

"About three years ago, before she started selling me off to men, I ran away. I packed all my things and left without telling her anything. I was so happy to get away. I didn't have anywhere to go so I just rented a cheap hotel, happy to be away from her," I explain, taking in this boys faces.

Louis looks worried, probably scared on where this story is going. Liam just looks annoyed, wanting to get away from here as soon as possible. Harry he some flour on his pale, fear-stricken face. My face probably resembles a scared little girl but no one says anything.

"Anyway, a few days later she called me. She acted so worried and kind and stuff. For some reason, I believed her and told her that I was coming home that day. She acted so happy when I told her that. I don't know why I fell for her trick. I think a part of me was still hanging onto the thought that she was good. I don't know why. She has been beating me for about nine years."

I stop pacing, running my hand slowly over my face as the memory comes back to me in full force. I take a deep breath, pushing down the tears and the fear, determined to get through this without crying. Determined to prove to the boys that I'm stronger then the demons that rage my mind.

"I came home later that day and she was waiting for me. Except, the moment I walked in the door she started yelling and screaming at me. After she finished yelling, she started beating me. She hit me over the head with the beer bottle that she had in her hand. That knocked me out cold. I woke up in a pool of blood on the floor, one of my fingers broken."

I look up at the boys only to see them with sad looks on their faces. Louis has tears in his eyes and it breaks my heart. I really hate seeing Louis look like he's about to burst into tears. It really hurts me because I know that the only reason he is crying so many tears is because of me.

"So Liam," I ask as calmly as I can, "I'm going to ask you, what did you say to her?"

I watch Liam gulp as he prepares to tell us the truth "I told her that you were happy here with Louis, the boys and your dad."

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY TO MY FELLOW AUSSIE'S!!!

Sorry for not updating twice today guys. Since it's Australia day, I've been doing a few things so that's why this chapter isn't up until now. I won't be updating again tonight so I'm sorry guys.

QOTC: What do you think Mimi's mum is going to do?

ILYSM!

SWAG ON!

~ TJ xoxoxoxo