Chapter Fifty One

Chapter Fifty On

As I sit down in the bath, I let the warm water flow over my body, wrapping me in a blanket of warmth and comfort. I let the simple vanilla aroma surround me, invading my senses and calming my frayed nerves. I let the water release the knots in my back, closing my eyes as I relax.

Louis explained to me what happened before. When I went into that memory, it was as if I literally replayed it. I stopped breathing as if my mother was choking me all over again. It's like my body wanted me to live that horrible memory again.

When Louis asked me what happened, I honestly didn't want to tell him just because of the fact that I didn't want to relive that memory for a second time. But I gave in because I knew he deserved to know, even though no one should be burdened with something like that.

I felt so terrible as I watched the tears gather in Louis' eyes. I can still feel the regret running through my veins as he screamed about how unfair it was that I had to life like this. I can still feel the sorrow coursing through my body as he cried about how lucky he is to have found me when he did.

And no matter how many times I told myself that it wasn't my fault, that I shouldn't feel like this, I could stop the raging guilt or the crippling sorrow from taking over my body. And that feeling is worse then being beaten by my mother. Feeling like that is not something I would ever wish upon anybody.

At first you feel fine, like there's nothing wrong. And then the guilt kicks in and you feel like you want to throw up. It courses through your body and you feel like you have no control of anything. And then comes the sorrow. It's like a sudden burst of darkness that finds any ray of sunshine you have left in your body, and destroys it.

After I told Louis what happened he demanded that I have a bath. 'To calm you down and to release negative energy' he said to me in some stupid sensai voice that made me laugh. His smile was huge when he heard me laugh. I feel like the thinks he deserves a medal for it, and I agree.

Anyway, after about five minutes of me arguing that I was okay and that I didn't need a bath, I gave in, just to please him. I think he hopes that it will get rid of that awful memory but I know it won't. I will never forget. Even thirty years down the track, these memories will still haunt every moment of my life.

They will hide in the shadows, waiting for the right moment to pounce. They will conceal their true identity and make me feel safe and happy, before ripping off the mask in jagged lines, scaring me back into hiding.

I rest my head on the cold porcelain of the bath, hoping it will subside the throbbing in my skull. I close my eyes to stop the bright light of the bathroom from making my headache worse. I run my fingers through the smooth water, the sensation calming my frayed nerves.

I'm so lost in my own little world I don't even hear the door to the bathroom open, "Oh my god. I'm so sorry Mimi!"

I look up to see Harry standing there with his hand over his eyes. My heart rate increases dramatically at seeing him standing there, my body going into danger mode even if I don't want it too. My hands start to shake, sending water spraying everywhere. I pull my knees up to my chest to hide certain things and also for some level of comfort.

"Get out," I whisper, my voice shaking.

Harry takes one hesitant step backwards but that's it. He stops and I can literally hear the cogs in his head turning as he thinks about what to say to me, "Mimi, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell and scare you. I was just mad."

"I said get out!" I yell at him, ignoring every word coming out of his mouth.

He doesn't move again but I can hear a second set of footsteps running on the wooden floor boards. As they get closer, my heart rate increase and tears threaten to fall down my cheeks, until Louis runs around the corner.

He sees Harry standing there so he grabs the back of his shirt and pulls him out of the room. He holds up one finger before closing the door. And then I'm left alone with my heart beating out of my chest and feeling as if I could scream or cry at any moment.

I can hear muffled voices, probably Harry and Louis', from the hall. I don't really pay any attention until I hear one of them begin to shout. That's what sends me into panic mode. My heart sounds like a stampede of elephants, my breath is two quick and shallow to keep me conscious for much longer and I know that isn't a good thing because I'm in the bath.

I use all my strength to pull myself up out of the bath, water droplets falling off my body and into the clear liquid. I watch as they land on the bubbles, popping them as soon as they pierce their delicate surface.

I step over the side of the bath, carefully gripping onto the railing to stop myself from falling with my shaky legs. As I step onto the soft bath mat, I grab my towel of the hook before wrapping it around my body, trying to ignore all the blue and purple bruises that cover my body.

I place my hand delicately on the doorknob, deciding whether I should go out there or not. I quickly make the decision, turning the cold metal around in my hand. I let the door swing open before stepping into the hallway.

I look up and see both Louis and Harry staring at me. I ignore their stares before walking into the room that I now call me own, even if I don't sleep in here. I walk over to my suitcase and pull out a bra and underwear.

After drying myself off, I pull those on quickly, scared that someone may walk in here without knocking. I hang the towel up before going back over to my case and pulling out some black leggings and a grey baggy t-shirt.

I pull the leggings on just as the door eases open. I look over to see Louis standing in the doorway. I send him a slight smile but he doesn't see it. He's too busy staring at my stomach. Of course he is. I look down and see a bunch of blue and purple bruises as well as multiple jagged scars.

"Oh Mimi," he cries before coming over and pulling me into his arms.

YAY! This chapter is up very early! I wrote it last night so I could publish it first thing today!

QOTC: Would you rather have no internet or no phone? The phone doesn't have internet access either.

I would chose no phone because then I can still update my wattpad and stuff.

ILYSM!

SWAG ON!

~ TJ xoxoxoxo